Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally speaking I enjoy console gaming more then PC gaming. The main reason is the ease of the experience.

No worries about compatibilty issues and such. Just plug-n-play is what it boils down to it for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NegroDamus said:
PC for me. But mainly because I like FPS shooters, and simulations both of which are far superior on the PC.
I can see it. Especially considering the diverse amount of aftermarket controllers available for PC's.

For my PS2 I have a steering wheel, arcade stick, and a Gun Con that I can think of. But good luck if I wanted to play a good flight sim on the PS2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
i'm nto a big computer fan...the keyboard is just wayy too many buttons for me to deal with...i like having a 3know what i need to do rather than worry about what button does what
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,249 Posts
hondapride59 said:
i'm nto a big computer fan...the keyboard is just wayy too many buttons for me to deal with...i like having a 3know what i need to do rather than worry about what button does what
Haha if you can type without looking at the keyboard you have already memorized 90% of the whole damn thing.

FPS shooter games all use WASD to move, Mouse1 to shoot and the rest are user defined, and most people use the same keys for each game so really there is no change. Most PC games other than simulations use no more keys than there are buttons on a PS2 controller (16) and the rest are not used much if at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
i used to be a pc gamer for the fps and simulations. but after college and being a programmer in the workforce for so long, i really do not want to look at a computer when i get home. ps2 for me... maybe upgrading to the xbox 360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,249 Posts
hotrod said:
i used to be a pc gamer for the fps and simulations. but after college and being a programmer in the workforce for so long, i really do not want to look at a computer when i get home. ps2 for me... maybe upgrading to the xbox 360.
I work with computers all day every day, just at work I do work with them and at home I play games on them.

Games like GTA are great on a console tho. Like saints row, that game is gonna kick ass but I don't have a 360.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NegroDamus said:
Haha if you can type without looking at the keyboard you have already memorized 90% of the whole damn thing.

FPS shooter games all use WASD to move, Mouse1 to shoot and the rest are user defined, and most people use the same keys for each game so really there is no change. Most PC games other than simulations use no more keys than there are buttons on a PS2 controller (16) and the rest are not used much if at all.
For me mouse + keyboard = confusion. :ahh

That's why I was a champion at Doom, but SUCK at Half-Life and other such more modern FPS's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,249 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
For me mouse + keyboard = confusion. :ahh

That's why I was a champion at Doom, but SUCK at Half-Life and other such more modern FPS's.
Yea I can remember back when I never had a pc to play games on and my friend next door had all the computer crap and I sucked with the mouse and keys too, but like anything with practice it becomes second nature.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, too true. As an example of my bad mouse/key skillz... I skipped on picking up Battlefield2 and instead bought Black & White 2. :( So I just use the mouse to scoll around the game's world map.

I find it easier to use a controller like a PS2 dual-shok where all of the buttons are centered around the unit.

BTW: Your new sig is funny as all heck! :lol2 :hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
PC all the way for me... Especially First Person Shooters.

I have a Logitech momo wheel for my rice games :(. Gotta be rice somehow with my car being stock and all... Lol :bash

Swat4, QuakeWorld, NFS:UG2/MW

btw, wasd is confusing for me :O

my keys are messed up :p

RIGHT MOUSE = +forwards
Q = +moveleft
W = +moveright
E = +jump
space = +back

:number1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,384 Posts
i do both, pc has better resolution, but i look at a monitor for 8+ hours a day, so i like to play ps2 (Fuck microsoft) on the 42" when i have spare time...

on a side note, i am looking forward to seeing what the ps3 will bring to the table, as i install MS products all day long at work, and loathe the entire company thus refusing to buy a xbox or 360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
It a tough choice, I play both oftenly. The good thing about PC games is that they can be expandable in that you can easily upgrade and install game patches to make the game run better. Compare to console where you get the final product even if it is buggy. But like xbox360 where they allow patches to be downloaded; I hate that idea becuase the console is becoming more like a pc. Console should be easy pick up and play, instead of installing and waiting and booting up then error... But like I said, I prefer both because it is much more fun to play multiplayer with some friends besides you rather than thousands of miles away from you. But on the other hand, with pc, you can always make your games look better and play better than console. FPS, was great on console, until I play pc fps. The n64 will always have the best controls for fps games. The n64 controller also came close for strategey games as well (starcraft 64). But pc made those obsolete.

Let put it this way:

With Friends = Console
Without Friends = PC


BTW,
my pc specs:
AMD Turion 64 2.0ghz
ATI x1600
1gig ram
games( battlefield 2, battle for middle earth 2)

Consoles I play:
Gamecube (it the first thing I boot up, RE4 or Hulk: Ultimate Destruction)
Ps2 (every now and then, mostly tokyo extreme racer: drift)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,058 Posts
It's a factor of preference only.

PC's require too much money, and do not offer enough variety to keep me entertained for long. I am not the type who will play a game for 9 months online with people I've never seen in my life.

My main gripes are these:

FPS is only "superior" on PC's because the mouse offers significantly better control. That is the only reason. Graphically, yes, they are better, but since 75% of them all play nearly identicle to eachother, it really doesn't matter.

I have to agree, however, that PC's are the Sim market. I think this is mainly because the sim crowd was established ages ago on PC, and console gamers have forever enjoyed watered down "simulators". It's a market mater mostly, and fact is, hardcore simulators just wouldn't do "as well" on a console, so to port them, etc, is simply pointless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,272 Posts
I'm a PC guy...but the differences between PCs and consoles are becoming few and far between.

also..I'm a crazy multitasking person. I want 1 machine to listen to the radio, watch DVD's, watch TV, play video games, browse the net.....anything really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,058 Posts
gurusan said:
I'm a PC guy...but the differences between PCs and consoles are becoming few and far between.

also..I'm a crazy multitasking person. I want 1 machine to listen to the radio, watch DVD's, watch TV, play video games, browse the net.....anything really.
I think the PS3 covers 4 of those 5 features easily, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,272 Posts
yeah like i said....next gen consoles are really just putes.

If they can run linux then yippee.

It's just the upgradability part they need to work on....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,058 Posts
gurusan said:
yeah like i said....next gen consoles are really just putes.

If they can run linux then yippee.

It's just the upgradability part they need to work on....
Personally, from a gaming standpoint, I despise upgradability. All it does is force consumers into an ongoing spiral of spending and shut out thousands of potential buyers.

With a console, I'm promised the same experience as I see on TV or on the Box. I'm not going to get home and realise that along with my $49 purchase of a given game, I am also required to spend another $299 on a new video card to get given game to look decent and run at a decent framerate.

Sure, PC's are the core of visual evolution, however, if consoles were to follow an upgradeable path, it would only create bottlenecks in the future.

You would have a 2 year old mother board, with a brand new GPU that is hindered by the mobo.

etc etc blah blah.

I'd prefer my experience to be a one time purchase and an assured experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
i prefer consoles just for the convienence of getting to play a game on 40" tv instead of my 15" monitor


and before anyone mentions "why not just set up the tv as your monitor" well that would require me to first lug my desktop down there, and second fab up some sort of table down there so i don't have to try and work the keyboard controls on my lap
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top