Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like an idiot for this but... I can't get my damn pcv valve out. I've pulled on it and its not goin anywhere. I have a repair manual for my car but it says just to pull it out and ive tried. im afraid to pull harder because i dont want to break it. Oh yeah its a '91 b18a1. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
You may try taking your valve cover off and taking a peek under that. There maybe something, like a clip, holding it in place. Be sure to get another valve cover gasket for reassembly. This is assuming your PVC valve is on the valve cover.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
GSRGreenSleeper said:
You may try taking your valve cover off and taking a peek under that. There maybe something, like a clip, holding it in place. Be sure to get another valve cover gasket for reassembly. This is assuming your PVC valve is on the valve cover.
Where else would a PCV valve be? I've never seen a PCV anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
spray004 said:
Where else would a PCV valve be? I've never seen a PCV anywhere else.
d16y8's has theirs on the bottom of the intake manifold... lots of others has theirs on intake rather than the valve cover.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
taz77 said:
d16y8's has theirs on the bottom of the intake manifold... lots of others has theirs on intake rather than the valve cover.
How does a PCV valve mount? Screw in?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
spray004 said:
How does a PCV valve mount? Screw in?
they usually have a rubber grommet just like on a valve cover and just pushes in on the grommet... on mines, i really can't see cause it's really under the intake manifold. the hose going to the pcv valve goes between the intake runners and makes a 90 deg bend towards the front of the car. i can't see beyond that.

·
Registered
693 Posts
since when do they put a plastic pcv valve under the valve cover. the pcv valve hose connect's to the front of the intake manifold, then attaches to the pcv valve and then through a hole on the left side of the manifold and to the breather chamber

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I was just throwing out ideas. Usually the PVC valve just pulls out with little effort. But you never know. Maybe your just not pulling hard enough to get it out. Also, I never said it was under the valve cover. I just said to check under there to see if siomething was holding it in place.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
taz77 said:
they usually have a rubber grommet just like on a valve cover and just pushes in on the grommet... on mines, i really can't see cause it's really under the intake manifold. the hose going to the pcv valve goes between the intake runners and makes a 90 deg bend towards the front of the car. i can't see beyond that.
You can't have a rubber grommet with a pcv sticking into your intake manifold. The vac alone would create leaks out the ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts