Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is getting really bad! I was hangin out with some friends the other night just tryin to find a race for something to do, and there was a couple kids in the lot we were at, one with a VR6 passat and another with a 2.2 non-vtec accord and neither one of them would fucking race me! Thet said my car "looks" to fast! WTF is that! Its not even really modded yet,dropped, wheels, cold air intake and exhaust thats it, its pretty sad when people wont race a pretty much stock 1.6 liter sohc car! I was pretty happy the other day tho, i won my first race ive ever had in the del sol! and it was with just the intake on, no exhaust yet! i pulled like 3 cars on a 98 civic ex with intake header and catback! Nothing major, and i dont think the kid could drive but it made my day :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,231 Posts
on a similar note....

I whooped a NICE 98 acura with a DOHC LS motor (6 times)
3 rolling starts and 3 dead stops.

Glad to know my heavy ass del sol with a d16z6 can beat a DOHC Acura.
i seriously thought i was volunteering to loose (none of my friends would race him). Again I would say this was my 2nd time racing since the mods started and I really wanted to race somethign other than civics.

Was weird though, after a few hours of racing, i was grinding every gear. Not sure if things just got too hot, or if my leg was just numb from driving for 12 hours (just got off work).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,923 Posts
kory_69_187 said:
This is getting really bad! I was hangin out with some friends the other night just tryin to find a race for something to do, and there was a couple kids in the lot we were at, one with a VR6 passat and another with a 2.2 non-vtec accord and neither one of them would fucking race me! Thet said my car "looks" to fast! WTF is that! Its not even really modded yet,dropped, wheels, cold air intake and exhaust thats it, its pretty sad when people wont race a pretty much stock 1.6 liter sohc car!...
Ehh...maybe they just didn't want to risk getting busted?
Or dying in a traffic accident? What's your car look like,
anyway?
EDIT: Nevermind the last question. Is it the red or silver one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,789 Posts
Kabooki said:
on a similar note....

I whooped a NICE 98 acura with a DOHC LS motor (6 times)
3 rolling starts and 3 dead stops.

Glad to know my heavy ass del sol with a d16z6 can beat a DOHC Acura.
i seriously thought i was volunteering to loose (none of my friends would race him). Again I would say this was my 2nd time racing since the mods started and I really wanted to race somethign other than civics.

Was weird though, after a few hours of racing, i was grinding every gear. Not sure if things just got too hot, or if my leg was just numb from driving for 12 hours (just got off work).
what mods do you have on your z6?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never meant my car was fast in any way what so ever...i know its a slow piece of shit, thats why i thought it was funny, that when i ask these kids to race they say no...but thats all they do all night is drive around the 1 way streets here beating the shit out of their cars and racing anything that pulls up to a red light next to them. Then i actually ask them to race and they come up with the excuse of my car "looking to fast" I just thought it was funny...But go ahead and flame away :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,231 Posts
D16z6 Mods:

CAI = Ebay CHeapie
Header = Ebay DC Sports Clone (2 pc)
HF Cat = Ebay generic Highflow Cat
2.5 exhaust piping all the way back
Muffler = Ebay generic Tanabe style Muffler w/tip
10.2mm Spark Plug Wires = Ebay Cheapies and waste of money
MSD Cap, Coil, 16a box (i think) = Freebie trade for spare computer parts
Bosch Platinum 4+
Old ass walmart oil
Short Shifter = $4 on ebay
Custom Vinyl side stripes (adds at least 10hp)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,789 Posts
Kabooki said:
D16z6 Mods:

CAI = Ebay CHeapie
Header = Ebay DC Sports Clone (2 pc)
HF Cat = Ebay generic Highflow Cat
2.5 exhaust piping all the way back
Muffler = Ebay generic Tanabe style Muffler w/tip
10.2mm Spark Plug Wires = Ebay Cheapies and waste of money
MSD Cap, Coil, 16a box (i think) = Freebie trade for spare computer parts
Bosch Platinum 4+
Old ass walmart oil
Short Shifter = $4 on ebay
Custom Vinyl side stripes (adds at least 10hp)
hmm, and you really beat an LS 6 times?...that sounds odd to me...but whatever...good deal...that guy probably couldn't drive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,411 Posts
i race through the scca....

i have seen an accident where 2 cars were holding a "illegal speed competition on a highway"

the passenger was a good kid, great student, nice family.... it took him 18 years to get to where he was, until his friend decided to risk his life and ended it after loosing control of the car.

not to say that is what will happen to you, but who's to think that you will loose control in the heat of the moment.

driver is still alive and will have the guilt of killing his best friend for the rest of his life.



i want a "racers against street racing" bumper sticker


on the hipocritical note, i beat m3
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top