Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
506 Posts
you need a obd2 to obd1 harness but I think that usually goes the opposite way because people usually want an obd1 ECU on an obd2 engine because obd1 was more tuner friendly, I think hasport has them

· Registered
2,575 Posts
Im dropping a 97(OBDII) engine in my 94 teg...you can ghetto rig the OBDI harness to work but inorder to save time and frustration just get a OBDII harness and get the conversion harness and hook up a OBDI ECU

· Registered
172 Posts
that question is kinda pointless use some common sense brother..

1. ODBI does not have same features as ODBII
2. You're converting to ODBI
3. ODBII is newer than ODBI using newer, and different sensors

in short

NO

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya think??????

Obviously an obd2 engine comes with completely differant sensors, but what i'm trying to say is: Does the conversion harness render some of the sensors useless? Will the car be throwing obd1 codes correctly if there is a problem? Can you cange the timing without the car automatically recalibrating it? Can you run a header with only the single o2 sensor? If your not currently running or have had personal experience with a similar setup please do not comment. Educated comments are appreciated. Thank you,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.