Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
catalytic converter

Anyone have a suggestion for a performance catalytic converter?
If so, manufacture? where to buy? price range?
I have a 94 lude SI but the H22 should be complete by december.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
straight pipe....and you will see gains. www.testpipe.com

2.25 size....40 shipped.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i think there were quite a few people that had check engine light problems with the test pipe since there was like no O2 sensor or somthing

·
Registered
118 Posts
you gotta be kidding, a testpipe a waste of money, i think a testpipe will give you as much or more gains than a header or exhaust. for the money? I've dynoed probably like 20 cars after putting testpipes on or gutting their cat, i'd say an average of about 4-7 hp. And a more boadened powerband on the top end. for 40 dollars? or free if you gut your cat. i can't think of anything else you can do to your car for free with those kinda results..

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
H22Coupe said:
you gotta be kidding, a testpipe a waste of money, i think a testpipe will give you as much or more gains than a header or exhaust. for the money? I've dynoed probably like 20 cars after putting testpipes on or gutting their cat, i'd say an average of about 4-7 hp. And a more boadened powerband on the top end. for 40 dollars? or free if you gut your cat. i can't think of anything else you can do to your car for free with those kinda results..
i second that......im running a powercore since thats all that was available and i needed it quick.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
H22Coupe said:
I agree...my car pulls 1000 times better with a test pipe. I had to do the obd2 ecu workaround mod in order to run it with my car. it has a second O2 bung for the pipe.

I gained more power with the test pipe than my intake, exhaust, pullies. In fact its the best power mod I have done to my car period. the car pulls DAMN hard up top all the way to redline and the car has WAY more low end power. is more responsive...its the best 40 bucks I have ever spent.

BUT its loud as shit in VTEC:)

and I had to put my cat back in when I took it in to Honda......I lost a lot of power...it was annoying to drive around since the torque and responsiveness was gone.

·
Registered
756 Posts
H22Coupe said:
it's not a waste of money if your cat is banged up and in need of replacement. plus my test pipe's diameter is 2.5" and my cat was much narrower...AND not to mention heavier!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts