Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering if anyone found an exhaust system with a sound reading of around 105db. not only that but a way to make 500hp at least, with a lot of torque if possible. Any information would be helpfull to me and you can email me at [email protected] for the information if you would like.
Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
413 Posts
uhhh.... :confused

To answer the first question, Im guessing an exhaust like the apexi n1 will make around 105db

but as for the second question, here is my little friend :confused

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Dark_Shadow said:
Hey i was wondering if anyone found an exhaust system with a sound reading of around 105db. not only that but a way to make 500hp at least, with a lot of torque if possible. Any information would be helpfull to me and you can email me at [email protected] for the information if you would like.
Thanks a bunch
Hard to live with both to be honest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$5000 for 500whp?

Sirfallsalot243 said:
Be prepared to spend ~$5000 for 500whp.

Good luck. You wont have a single stock part on your engine.

*~I guess my question is to ask is where you would get something like that. I have been looking for something of that nature but no luck so far. I have found plentiful of parts for my integra but 500whp or more is a b***h.

·
Registered
130 Posts
im guessing to make 500 hp ..you will have to build your block for boost .. then you prob can put your own turbo kit together for under 1500$ since i didt before for under 700$ running 7 psi on a 60.ar for the compressor and .42 for the hot side.. i miss that car ..if my bro dont want it anymore its coming back to me ..but anyways 375 hp is possible at 4-5k$ .. and thats doing your own work since you know its done right the first time :D

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Dark_Shadow said:
Apparently you do not know a whole lot that you can do to them things or how much horsepower you are able to put into them things. I tell you what go to www.full-race.com and you will see what i mean.
so you're planning on buying a $5k turbo setup to get you 500whp and expecting it to do that by bolting it on? wrong

first of all, the full-race kits only come with the turbo, fmic and needed plumbing. they dont come with anything as far as electronics or fuel control. that being said, you would need to beef up your fuel system for starters.

second, your stock motor will not handle that much boost. you will need to invest another $8k-ish into the motor. i built a turbo-ready head for my b18a last year and it cost me about $2500. and that was just the head. I never got into the block stuff.

so here comes the math

turbo ($5k) + motorwork ($8k) + electronics ($2500) = $15k+

those numbers are all estimated figures tah I came up with in my head, but are damn close enough.

and say you do build this 500whp car. you will need to upgrade the brakes and suspension so you can stop and stay on the road.

if you are serious about building your teg like that, please do some more research.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
yea 5k will get you about 300 hp and some suspension. then you wil have to upgrade the internals, get more fuel, and i would go with an ems setup since your spending that much i would want it protected with the best possible mgt system.

·
Registered
145 Posts
RedlinedDA said:
so you're planning on buying a $5k turbo setup to get you 500whp and expecting it to do that by bolting it on? wrong

first of all, the full-race kits only come with the turbo, fmic and needed plumbing. they dont come with anything as far as electronics or fuel control. that being said, you would need to beef up your fuel system for starters.

second, your stock motor will not handle that much boost. you will need to invest another $8k-ish into the motor. i built a turbo-ready head for my b18a last year and it cost me about $2500. and that was just the head. I never got into the block stuff.

so here comes the math

those numbers are all estimated figures tah I came up with in my head, but are damn close enough.

and say you do build this 500whp car. you will need to upgrade the brakes and suspension so you can stop and stay on the road.

if you are serious about building your teg like that, please do some more research.
:eek :D :wow he is completely correct :number1

·
Registered
130 Posts
wow .im glad i spent nowhere close to that.but i didnt try for a 500 hp car .. i still say put your own kit together it will cost less and be complete. on a b18c1 with stock internals you may get about 250 hp on 7psi and i prob was pushing 200 hp on my B18b at 7 psi .. i still think 3000$ will build a motor that can hold 350 hp though .. looking at prices for parts and knowing to get my motor sleeved at the shop near me is only 1600$ total and i can put my motor back together .. dude i really think you should bring your goal down if you only have 5k because 250-350 hp in a DC is still good even when i had my other car running 7 psi it felt great.. my car was quick and on the freeway in TN going up hills was a breeze.

·
Registered
130 Posts
wait a minute i was all off topic :D ..dude i would say for the support 500 hp will be a custom..but i know its going to be somewhat load but more quit on a turbo motor.. i notice that when i took my turbo off my car it got louder.. :bye

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

krzintegraboi said:
wow .im glad i spent nowhere close to that.but i didnt try for a 500 hp car .. i still say put your own kit together it will cost less and be complete. on a b18c1 with stock internals you may get about 250 hp on 7psi and i prob was pushing 200 hp on my B18b at 7 psi .. i still think 3000$ will build a motor that can hold 350 hp though .. looking at prices for parts and knowing to get my motor sleeved at the shop near me is only 1600$ total and i can put my motor back together .. dude i really think you should bring your goal down if you only have 5k because 250-350 hp in a DC is still good even when i had my other car running 7 psi it felt great.. my car was quick and on the freeway in TN going up hills was a breeze.

Word of the wise, if you have a goal never change it and never let anyone else tell you to lower your goal. So im going to stick with my goal and teach all them anti-acura anti-honda guys a lesson in the process.

Peace~~~~

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Dark_Shadow said:
Word of the wise, if you have a goal never change it and never let anyone else tell you to lower your goal. So im going to stick with my goal and teach all them anti-acura anti-honda guys a lesson in the process.

Peace~~~~
Word to the wise; if you set your goals to high, you will never reach them.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Look both ways before crossing teh street.
You have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
RedlinedDA said:

so here comes the math

Thank-you.....I highly doubt a Integra can handle that much boost with stock internals

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mr GSR said:
Word to the wise; if you set your goals to high, you will never reach them.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Look both ways before crossing teh street.
You have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk
You cant talk. Setting low goals. Word of the wise set your goals to low you'll have it all to easy. I love setting my goals high its more of a challenge which makes me feel at home. No matter what happens, no matter how high i set my goals, it doesnt take long for me to knock them down. So try to act like you better than me or anyone else, and dont try to act like your all that and you know what your talking about with that under powered car when anyone of these guys on here can whip you in a street race. :bash :bash :bye :giggle :lol2 :number1 :sleep :p :D

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Dark_Shadow said:
You cant talk. Setting low goals. Word of the wise set your goals to low you'll have it all to easy. I love setting my goals high its more of a challenge which makes me feel at home. No matter what happens, no matter how high i set my goals, it doesnt take long for me to knock them down. So try to act like you better than me or anyone else, and dont try to act like your all that and you know what your talking about with that under powered car when anyone of these guys on here can whip you in a street race. :bash :bash :bye :giggle :lol2 :number1 :sleep :p :D
Wow you sure taught me... all of us have goals, at least the rest of us set resonable goals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.