Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to find a way to search part numbers for my work which I search from multiple distributors which each uses a secure log in. At the moment I paste the part number into each web pages' field to find availability and cost. Is there a way to get something set up which I do a single search which in turn returns the information I'm looking for, much like a search feaure? All inputs for each of the web pages are in a single field.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
no......i understand what you want but no..... if you are already getting parts at cost that just complicates it further..... just search each one independently and be happy

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
no......i understand what you want but no..... if you are already getting parts at cost that just complicates it further..... just search each one independently and be happy
wait, why not? there has to be a program out there. vuze searches multiple bittorrent sites. input one search and it automatically searches all of them, you can even add sites to search. as simple as this is I can't see why there isn't a program out there that does. its even sorda like outlook express remotely logging into all of your different email accounts.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Edit: Snipped, (nevermind, site didn't do what OP wanted)

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I'm looking to find a way to search part numbers for my work which I search from multiple distributors which each uses a secure log in. At the moment I paste the part number into each web pages' field to find availability and cost. Is there a way to get something set up which I do a single search which in turn returns the information I'm looking for, much like a search feaure? All inputs for each of the web pages are in a single field.
Yes, but it's not simple. You would want to set up a J2EE web application where you would input a part number on the webpage and click on submit. The application would go to each website with an http connection, log in, do a search with the part number, save the response, and repeat the last 4 steps for each website. All the response info would get saved temporarily in a Java bean. Then after all websites are searched, it would display a page with the responses from each company.
This is a lot of custom coding. It would be easier for you to just manually do it.:hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts