Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 99 Honda Prelude SH.
I removed the fuel line from the Fuel rail and the line from the Filter to change the filter. I do not have a Crowsfoot so I decided to wait until I got them.
The vehicle would not re-start until I removed the line from the fuel rail again and I pumped gas thru , tightened the nut it started but only ran for 15 mins and continues to do so. I have tried EVERYTHING and I mean everything but change the filter. I looked at all the Vacuum lines and traced the all the lines but I have one that is in a U shape on the front of PGM-Fi in clamps that dead ends with nothing at the end. What is this!!! Should it end on something as there are no connections or attachments near. Why does it not run for more than 15mins and why do question marks not show up but a French É!!!!!!!

FRUSTRATED!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It starts for 3-5 mins and shuts down. I think it is primed as I got gas but NO SPARK! but spark at beginning as it starts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the Distributor!
I put a CHEAP red dis cap and it burned out the Dis!
Replaced it and it is GREAT!
Going to buy a MSD 82922 RED!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P0420

It was the Distributor!
I put a CHEAP red dis cap and it burned out the Dis!
Replaced it and it is GREAT!
Going to buy a MSD 82922 RED!
Put on a Straight Thru Cat and had a P0420 code before hoping this would solve the problem.
The 02 sensor was fitted but the P0420 code came back after 40 miles.
Do I remove it and put back the Blank bolt but keep the sensor attached?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I will try the extension for $16 and let you know and if it does not work put on a new CAT!
Thanks for your help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts