Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
solsykness said:
sounds mean, but the camera guy sucks ass...why can't people keep the camera still?
lol i rode in 300 hp powered cars and its hard to keep still, that car has 638rwhp and the car is about 2500 pounds if he lighten it. also its not even hp an 50 hp car with bad suspension will shake lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,541 Posts
Biggamehit said:
sup guys this is not a overrated sr20 powered 240 its a KA24de motor ( KA24de-t) enjoy

1) 638dyno run
2) streetrun1
3) phatkatstreet2


ps sr's are nice motors dont get me wrong but i like to be diff, i just blew 2 KA's im building a new one now. Then sell it to by a Rb20det
i never heard of an rb20det, but i have seen quiet a few sr20det motors
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
turbolaser said:
the rb20det or the rb26dett are perty mucht the s14 and the skyline motors. :clap
RB20's were in the Skyline GTS-T series, and the RB25's were in the later models of the GTS-T series. All the RB-series motors are Skyline motors, technically. SR20's were in the Silvia's (S13, S14, S15) and 180SX's after the CA18's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
I roam the SR20 forum.. and the NF.com forum.. don't know TOO much about it all.. but from what i know.. the KA24 has lotz of potential.. as you can see.. 600+ HP, dope shit.. however.. it's not a reliable 600HP.. and you can get a reliable amount of HP from an SR20.. correct me if i'm wrong.. you did say you blew 2 KA24s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aimlesspee said:
I roam the SR20 forum.. and the NF.com forum.. don't know TOO much about it all.. but from what i know.. the KA24 has lotz of potential.. as you can see.. 600+ HP, dope shit.. however.. it's not a reliable 600HP.. and you can get a reliable amount of HP from an SR20.. correct me if i'm wrong.. you did say you blew 2 KA24s
right,, Ka have an iron block just like a RB series motor and CA ( which i was going to get) and it makes very good low end TQ and with a little internal work and a mines or jim wolf ecu can rev to 8500 easily . the reason i blew my second KA was i was reeving out at 8000 when i was suppose to be at about 7200( the crank has to be blueprinted and cams, springs, valves and retainers need to be upgraded, just part of learning)

The motor spun a bearing whicn can be fixed. ill rebuild it and have a spare which swaps out in 2 hours. THe rb20 motor was the . stepping stone to the great rb25 and rb26 and swaps in as easy as a sr20 with a mounts from a skyline and other misc lil things. the reason i dont want a rb25 or rb26 is i am building my 240 for drifting comps those motors are heavy as hell and unset the weight balance the rb20 does also but not as much and i will buy a 89 skyline in about 3 years from ebay ( laugh if u want but they are there) and have a clean vin swap done.

Also i work at a shop with a Rb25dett and a Sr20det that looks me in the face every day and my blown KA is about 20 yards from the RB lol


my coat on the rb motor i touch it like once a day excuse the kitty litter there was a big oil spill skyline motor oil smells good lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
Biggamehit said:
what kinda motor/car do u have, also have u done any reaserch on this motor?

friendly question not trying to flame or anything
Yea I have done my research, alot of it too as well as talking to some very knowelegeable mates of mine. Basically the KA motor is capable (sp) of pulling good numbers both torque HP wise, and is the cheaper route, at least for use americans over here beacause a sr20det swap is pricey. But the ka can be a rather tempermental motor when turbo'd and can easily be blown when not done perfect. The sr20det comes stock turbo'd and is more reliable as far as a turbo set-up as well. Granted the KA can be a great platform if done right but when it comes to reliability the SR is where its at. And Blacktop>Red top. P.S. thanks for asking in a friendly manner. As far as a car im saving up for my S14 project.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
Biggamehit said:
and i will buy a 89 skyline in about 3 years from ebay ( laugh if u want but they are there) and have a clean vin swap done.

Also i work at a shop with a Rb25dett and a Sr20det that looks me in the face every day and my blown KA is about 20 yards from the RB lol
You have any idea how much it costs to legalize an imported car here in the States? It's insane. Last I heard, it can cost up to and over $10,000 in some cases.... Might wanna do a little research on that before you get too serious.

Also, I know it was probably a typo, but Nissan never made an RB25DETT. :hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ryan9118 said:
You have any idea how much it costs to legalize an imported car here in the States? It's insane. Last I heard, it can cost up to and over $10,000 in some cases.... Might wanna do a little research on that before you get too serious.

Also, I know it was probably a typo, but Nissan never made an RB25DETT. :hehe
yea i have done much reasearch and i have been for a while i have talked to guys from rbmototrex, they were shut down a while ago. As far as legalization all that dot bullshit call it what u want half the skylines drivin here r not legal. I am a good college going student/Athlete. I work hard every day to makemy life bette, never stole anything and or harmed anyone. I want a car, a object. I really dont care for car laws they are ment to make money. also i am in the feild of IT ( information technology) once im done with universtiy of MD i will have more then enough to get the car also it helps to know people.

as far as the motor yea they may not have came Twin Turbo but u can make them twin it was a typo sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SilvStylin45s said:
Yea I have done my research, alot of it too as well as talking to some very knowelegeable mates of mine. Basically the KA motor is capable (sp) of pulling good numbers both torque HP wise, and is the cheaper route, at least for use americans over here beacause a sr20det swap is pricey. But the ka can be a rather tempermental motor when turbo'd and can easily be blown when not done perfect. The sr20det comes stock turbo'd and is more reliable as far as a turbo set-up as well. Granted the KA can be a great platform if done right but when it comes to reliability the SR is where its at. And Blacktop>Red top. P.S. thanks for asking in a friendly manner. As far as a car im saving up for my S14 project.
cool shit man. My main reason honestly for not wanting a sr is, At this point in my life i have not reach that level where i can spend money with out thinking about it. A kA i can and have gotten for 400 dollars twice. An SR even with my hook ups i can get for 800 with ecu tranny but i still need coil packs and other misc things. But we all know shit happens i cant afford to shell out money for a motor that i am putting in a car to drift with. I can blow a KA and have another in the same day. Thats all.

but when u get the s14 post pics ( rather pm them to me dont wanna be flamed for putting them in a video thread)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
Biggamehit said:
yea i have done much reasearch and i have been for a while i have talked to guys from rbmototrex, they were shut down a while ago. As far as legalization all that dot bullshit call it what u want half the skylines drivin here r not legal. I am a good college going student/Athlete. I work hard every day to makemy life bette, never stole anything and or harmed anyone. I want a car, a object. I really dont care for car laws they are ment to make money. also i am in the feild of IT ( information technology) once im done with universtiy of MD i will have more then enough to get the car also it helps to know people.

as far as the motor yea they may not have came Twin Turbo but u can make them twin it was a typo sorry.
Yeah no joke. The D.O.T. / VIN legalization is a joke. How hard is it to look at Nissan's company shit and see that the car is safe? Like you said, it's just another way for em to get money out of us, unless there's somethin I'm missin. In Canada, everything's legal to import as long as it's 15 years or older. There's a shop a few hours from me across the border that imports cars all the time. Check em out, they have crazy prices on shit.

www.cannonball-r.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ryan9118 said:
Yeah no joke. The D.O.T. / VIN legalization is a joke. How hard is it to look at Nissan's company shit and see that the car is safe? Like you said, it's just another way for em to get money out of us, unless there's somethin I'm missin. In Canada, everything's legal to import as long as it's 15 years or older. There's a shop a few hours from me across the border that imports cars all the time. Check em out, they have crazy prices on shit.

www.cannonball-r.com
ill def do that, as far as dot they are a joke becuase some of the historical cars they let on the road {on sundays ) are below today standards, but because they are old classics its cool lol. most of the shit that is switched over in at skyline are kinda petty, glass, seatbelts, and other misc things. Dot is such a jk its note funny i can go all day about how they post one rule and then break it Example: tint that comes dark stock on my moms mini van is illegal on my boys civic lol and its easier to see through his then my moms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
Biggamehit said:
ill def do that, as far as dot they are a joke becuase some of the historical cars they let on the road {on sundays ) are below today standards, but because they are old classics its cool lol. most of the shit that is switched over in at skyline are kinda petty, glass, seatbelts, and other misc things. Dot is such a jk its note funny i can go all day about how they post one rule and then break it Example: tint that comes dark stock on my moms mini van is illegal on my boys civic lol and its easier to see through his then my moms.
Yea man no kidding, On my camaro since its antique auto insurance it doesnt even have to have seat belts haha. Anything that is 30+ years older is considered antique auto....aka you can do what you want. No glass no seat belts. But if you bring a new car over here they make you go threw all this garbage. Oh well... When i get my S14 you will be one of the first to see it. How much did you pay for your fastback?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top