Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have the vision hid conversion but was thinking about getting the phillips one..anyone know much about this kit? i hear theres 2 different models or something...help anyone?

·
Registered
350 Posts
2 different meaning 4300k versus 6000k. 6000k supposedly is "bluer" than 4300k and may be brighter. I have both and i can say that it's bluer but i do not think brighter than 4300k. By the way philips def. is better, comes with warranty, whereas noname "made in taiwan" brands liek a friend of mine got broke after a few months, something with te ballast, he's got one headlight and out $500

·
Registered
766 Posts
hey i wanna get PHILIPS KIT but i am not sure whether i should put it in OEM housing or get projectors...
what do you guys have OEM or projectors?
also what bulb do you have d2r or d2s? i heard that d2s has 400 more lumens than d2r.
thx
:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have philips kit I LOVE IT !!!!! ..... BUTTT wiht oem housing :( don't work nearly as well as my e-code housing :D .... I Love my HID kit ... I recommend e-code housing to anyone with HID but don't expect to have a BMW beam pattern results but it is great ...

bad thing cost $300 shipped here from the UK

·
Registered
420 Posts
please member that phillips doesn't make the HID kit. All they make is the d2s and d2r bulb and ballast. then aftermarket companies take those bulbs and add the 9006 9005 h4, blah blah blah rings onto them. 6000k is about 25% dimmer than 4200k, however the 6000k light reflects off refelctors much brighter. The d2s bulb is brighter, because it doesn't have the shield on the top of the bulb. if you're going to be doing a "hid kit" into your stock headlamp just pick up the D2S bulbs as you're gonna have glare no matter what u do. if you're changing your bulbs in a oem hid optics headlamp then d2s is for projectors while d2r is for refelctors (free form).

·
Registered
766 Posts
what do you think is better for hid conversion: e-code housing or projectors?
also does anyone know anything about projectors that autodynamic.com sells? are they good/bad? anything?
here they are:

also whats the best HID kit available out there?

thx
:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
They actually just came out with a stage III XENON that is actually purple you've seen it on lexus and so on,haven't seen those aftermarket though but heard tey make them am. You can a phillips system for $388 from www.r-speed.com. I got the stage I which are great the only problem are my headlights I wish i got projector, cause to be able to see better with the xenons i blind every one. I would go with those autodynamic headlights and xenon kit. I have had my kit from august and i have not regret buying it one day. If i had the sae option again i would buy it go fo it. As well I think its B.S. for the different stages because the place i got mine from said if u have a stage I you can buy new bulbs that are stage II, If your running same power source how doesthat make sense.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Exaccord01 said:
see_fu I want to know how much you have spent on you H.I.Ds

projector kit and everything ?

and big thing TIME doing that retrofit ?
My original cost was aroudn $500 for the projectors, bulbs, ballast, igniter used. However I didn't like the output of those bulbs so i spent an additional $300 on ultinons and then a ballast went out and there was an additional $100 to replace it. sooooooooooooo u can do the math, but lets just say i spent a lot more than i wanted to. As for time, it only took me 1 day to build it, but I rebuilt it a total of 4 times because I wanted the thing perfect so it took me about 1 week total.

sakdpimp, not all bulbs are interchangable. the autolamps kit uses a two wire system instead of that huge red plug, which causes problems when u want to change the bulb later.

·
Registered
766 Posts
hey are all these hid conversions legal?
you see i got fucked over by CHP for having altezzas...now HID attracts even more attention...what do you guys think
is it leagal or what? anyone got into trouble for having those? thx

·
Registered
299 Posts
guys....what;s e-code housing ??

Anyway, I asked one guy on Ebay that sells purple HID kit, and he said that's its illegal.

I want HID though...any bad effects if I put one in OEM housing ?
Projector ? Any brand recommendation for the HID kit ? Is it hard to install it myself ?

Thank you......................

·
Registered
292 Posts
As for time, it only took me 1 day to build it, but I rebuilt it a total of 4 times because I wanted the thing perfect so it took me about 1 week total.

well you did a nice job .... not many people have the knowlegde to do a TT projector into Accord housing .... for the money aaoouuchh ! ...

are those projectors new...

other manufactures projectors maybe available in junk yards here in Miami

·
Registered
766 Posts
they are usually plug and play and it should be an easy install
from what i heard philips makes good ballast and bulbs...so get kit with philips components
it seems that w/ OEM housing you get a bad pattern...hotspots...its not nicely spread out...and shoots in every direction...in particular up more than you want....this way you blind other drivers also can concievably earn you a ticket
projectors have a better beam pattern but thick lens prevents some light from escaping...so you will get less light coming out...but will you be able to notice it? i dunno
also d2s bulbs have 400 more lumens than d2r bulbs
for more info go here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~pliepl/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/jchendds/index.html

·
Registered
420 Posts
Exaccord01 said:

well you did a nice job .... not many people have the knowlegde to do a TT projector into Accord housing .... for the money aaoouuchh ! ...

are those projectors new...

other manufactures projectors maybe available in junk yards here in Miami
no everything i got was used. I figured since these things should technically out live the life of my car y bother spending money on new. As long as it looked like it was in good condition.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.