Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if its worth spending the extra money to get the piaa headlights or should i just got with the silverstar headlights?

·
Registered
377 Posts
i got the silverstars and i'm really happy with it.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i used silverstar and piaa(super plasma gtx) and piaa is better it's not like apc.

E=87 ricer]just wondering if its worth spending the extra money to get the piaa headlights or should i just got with the silverstar headlights?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had them both and I will have to pick PIAA being the better choice. They light up better, outperform them, and have more choices to pick from<color>. But honestly if it is for the low/high beams try to get H.I.D.s. :eek Start saving!

·
Banned
787 Posts
White 1 said:
Had them both and I will have to pick PIAA being the better choice. They light up better, outperform them, and have more choices to pick from<color>. But honestly if it is for the low/high beams try to get H.I.D.s. :eek Start saving!
I just want to cheaply make my headlights brighter(shoot farther and illuminate better) by replacing dem bulbs. Which should i get. I mean I know silverstars but in white/clear in PIAA's bulbs what should i get?

·
Registered
894 Posts
It is proven silverstars are better in visibility than any other bulbs in the market. If you want just more visibility get silverstars or phillips xtravision. Piaas or any other hid looking bulbs are for just show. That's why it saids off road only.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hondaisdabeast said:
I just want to cheaply make my headlights brighter(shoot farther and illuminate better) by replacing dem bulbs. Which should i get. I mean I know silverstars but in white/clear in PIAA's bulbs what should i get?
If u want a white look with better illumination try PIAA's xtreme white plus :btu . Hope u like them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Personally, I've had PIAAs, APC, Silverstar, and other brands claiming super white, hyperwhite, or other bright HID style lighting, and so far the best brand I've found are PITs (Performance Import Trends) And good news is the cost just dropped to like $10-$15 a pair versus the normal $30 or so they were selling for.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
so just to add to the thread, i have had the same OEM one's for longer than i have 2 sets of bulbs. but the 1st set i got were nokya, they lasted till one blew near 2 years after i got them. the other was random brand thats written in japanese all over it. they were going fine till i got im my accident on on blew on impact. both of which were bluish color.

·
Registered
519 Posts
For what it's worth... a bulb is a bulb is a bulb when we're talking aboput longevity. Although there are things to concider...

The Ionization of the glass, or coloring, let the heat build up in the tube.Thus reducing the life of the bulb.
The fillament. Hey lets face it, sometimes you get what you pay for. The fillament is the core of a hologen light. Too thin, won't last as long and is too delicate. Too thick won't burn hot enough, or bright enough.
The inert gas. Most people don't know abouth the gases they use. Hey I'll be honest, I don't either. But I do know it helps the overall package burn and last.

Heck from my personal experiance, a standard bulb last longest. Both the PIAA's and the Nokya's burned out within' six months. The Silverstars have lasted me the longest, at about 8 months at a clip.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts