Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda a dumb question if you know the answer but if your like me and know little about wiring its all a little mysterious...
I have a d16z6 in my 92 civic.
I am planning on swapping a b18b into it next summer.
Right now i have a perfect power smt6 piggy back and the makings of a turbo kit at my house. I was wondering because the d16z6 and the b18b are both obd1 engines, does this mean they share the same ecu pinout?
ex: if i wire up the piggy back for the d16z6 and install the turbo kit, when i do the engine swap will i have to wire the piggy back differently or will i just have to plug in the b18b ecu and re-tune the piggy back?
I have not been able to find the ecu pinouts to verify this.
Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't use a piggyback
*grone....* Look, i know the advantages and disadvantages of using piggy back vs stand alone vs re-chip. seeing how i already own a piggy back made by a good name brand, with a good local shop that tunes them i cant justify selling it off .... which is besides the point....

all i want to know is does the ecu pin out change between the two ecu's (both are obd1 engines)

sorry i don’t mean to seem ungrateful for you looking out for me but i am dead set on what im going to do, i just need some info on how it will effect the b18 swap

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Cant you simply google search the pinouts?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Nevermind, was curious and found them

Use this pciture for the pin numbers/counting

and this as a reference. Appears that the pinouts are in fact teh same. Do more research to verify this though. We are only human :lol

ECU Pinouts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nevermind, was curious and found them

Use this pciture for the pin numbers/counting

and this as a reference. Appears that the pinouts are in fact teh same. Do more research to verify this though. We are only human :lol

ECU Pinouts
cool thanx
yeah i have about a 2 hour attention span and only came up with forum thread after forum thread of people asking simmular questions only to get shut down in a 'do a search' comment.
thank you for providing an answer insted of just leaving it at your first post....
yeah i checked all the forums i belong to but came up with nothing. tried google searches (short of looking up with ecus go with what engines and finding the pinouts of the two in question)
i figgure if i cant find it right away looking its best to ask so that way the next person looking has an easier time of it.
thank you very much
-kevin

· Registered
10,346 Posts
no problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.