Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know the piping size of the Apexi N1. I also know that there is a silencer for that exhaust and its suppose to reduce 7 decibel from however loud it is. But how loud is it still when the silencer is on there?

Those are my two qeustions. Does anyone here know? What about the Apexi Dunk? I have the same questions about it!

· Registered
196 Posts
The piping on an N1 and Dunk should be 2.5 inches. The silencer makes the exhaust sounds broken up on the N1. It sounds like crap basically. Now about the Dunk...are you talking about the New Dunk or the old Dunk. I used to have the old Dunk (which had a 5 inch tip, the new ones are only 4 inch to accomodate the a silencer) and it sounded great...no raspyness, just a deep mellow tone. I haven't heard any Dunk's w/ silencers but I assume it is a lot quieter than the N1.

· Registered
31 Posts
sak said:
I need to know the piping size of the Apexi N1. I also know that there is a silencer for that exhaust and its suppose to reduce 7 decibel from however loud it is. But how loud is it still when the silencer is on there?

Those are my two qeustions. Does anyone here know? What about the Apexi Dunk? I have the same questions about it!
the n1 should be 2.5"... might be 2.25, but im thinking 2.5" for sure, just dont quote me :rolleyes:

the n1 is going to be loud, silencer or not. i dont know what city/state you live in, some states ive noticed in my life are bigger pricks about the sound. just a thought... :p

· Registered
1,017 Posts
It's never really 2.25" or 2.5" to be technical. Most exhaust diameters are measured in mm so like 60mm is 2.362 inches and 70mm is 2.7559 inches. Most exhausts are 60mm I believe.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I was at their website and I think the Dunk says that its a 60mm piping. However, the N1 doen't have the piping size listed. So I would just have to assume that its a 60mm piping.

I just remember way back on the old board on a post saying that besides the Thermal, Apexi was the other company that made 3" exhaust?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.