Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is getting over sized pistons and resleeving the block a good idea ????

i am looking at upgrading the pistons in my h22a1 , but am not sure whether to get std pistons but higher compression orto go with larger pistons and get the block resleeved.

without taking cost into consideration what would be the fors and againsts

ie. more / less power...... engine reliability, wear and tear etc

· Registered
10,424 Posts
You have an H22A1 currently it sits at 2.2 liters if you where to re-sleeve it with Goldeneagle sleeves you could get 2.5 liters but if it’s a daily driver I would dot go over 2.4 liters. The bigger your displacement the more fuel and oxygen your engine can consume the more it consumes the more power it CAN make. Displacement also is really good at making torque so I see nothing but good from going with a bigger bore as long as you lake care of the engine.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
if you're gonna do bottom end work then get it resleeved and overbored, it will increase your torque and HP. and a higher C/R is always good if you use 92/93 octane, but don't go too crazy if you want to go F/I in the future.

2.4L would be nice! :vpleased:

later

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet said:
if you're gonna do bottom end work then get it resleeved and overbored, it will increase your torque and HP. and a higher C/R is always good if you use 92/93 octane, but don't go too crazy if you want to go F/I in the future.

2.4L would be nice! :vpleased:

later
nah i am not going to bother going the F/I path. So you think boring it out 2mm will be good enough and getting pistons to match.

thanks for the replies. I run my car on 98 octane only at the moment anyway

· Registered
1,170 Posts
98 octance? damn thats high...if you do raise your CR, then go ahead and push it to a high 11. maybe even a 12 if you can get proper fuel management (ecu, injectors, tuning etc)

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah

have ordered the hondata s200 waiting for it to arrive. It should do well enough for fuel and injector management.

just tossing up about resleeving as i will have to ship the block to the US from australia which will cost $$$$

might just go over size 0.05mm however will this cause problems i am assuming the block will just need to be honed to fit the new pistons ???

or should i just replace with stock sized pistons but with higher CR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.