Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going the N/A path with my 94 VTIR prelude.

My questions are:

Is it worth using a stroker kit ? Also what benefits would you hope to achieve with over sized pistons as opposed to stock size ?

· Registered
7,625 Posts
What are the specs of your Australian Prelude motor? like bore/stroke/head cc's/etc...

Overboring increases power 2 ways:
First, it gives you larger displacement.
Second, it increases compression because while the cylinder volume is larger at BDC, it is essentially unchanged at TDC so you are taking in more air but compressing it into the same space as before.

Stroking has benefits and drawbacks. It increases size which is good, but decreases your high-rpm abilities. Also, it reduces your rod/stroke ratio. The higher that ratio is, the less stress your engine will see. Longer rods vs. stroke will keep the piston at TDC longer, giving you more complete combustion and slowing down the pistons reversal speeds which drastically reduces forces on the internals. I agree with ICH, stay stock strokeand work over the rest of the internals for high compression and an overbore or resleeving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.