Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
599 Posts
gohan408 said:
but i like hatches, i think they are CUTE, wtb which one is faster? does the '92 SI have VTEC??
Jup... '92-95 si hatches have vtec but were never offered anywhere as a type-R... '96+ style hatches were available as type-R everywhere else but here in the US.

Although a typer-R motor will fit in either from a ITR or CTR.

I would go with the (Ek) 96+ civ HB over the EG.:)

How much money U got to spend??

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
supapoopa said:

Jup... '92-95 si hatches have vtec but were never offered anywhere as a type-R... '96+ style hatches were available as type-R everywhere else but here in the US.

Although a typer-R motor will fit in either from a ITR or CTR.

I would go with the (Ek) 96+ civ HB over the EG.:)

How much money U got to spend??
for the 96+ HB, i dont plan on spending more than 8K...is that reasonable? i dont need n e extra options, just stock to the dome. most things are gonna be replaced n e way

· Registered
221 Posts
92 SI!

definitely go with the 92 si hb, bro. i loooove mine, and have had her for 10 years!

smoooooth curvy lines, great engine that responds well to mods... sohc vtec d16z6 125 hp stock.

try one its good for what ailes ya

mike

· Registered
3,020 Posts
I'd probally get the 1997. Just because you can make it look similar to the Civ type R. The headlights, grill, spoiler, lips, etc look fucking clean. Just dont put 'Civic Type R' Badges on it... please.
For prices go grab a newspaper or an autotrader magazine or check out their site- http://www.autotrader.com
Good luck either way.
Btw, nice car(s?)

· Registered
81 Posts
Get a 97 hatch, man! Get a 97 hatch and you can do something like this:

That's what you want to do, right? A CTR convertion. Honda introduced the CTR in 1997. It was only sell in Japan until 2002. Of course, if you have $$$ you can import one but it is only right hand drive and it won't past the gay ass US emission.

The 92-96 Si hatch is good but it only has 125hp. Nothing close to the Type-R 185hp. However, if you like Civic hatch you should also look into the new Si.

BTW, I am selling my 97 hatch if you want it.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha the new civic hatch is sooooooo fuckin ugly, i'm sorry, it looks like a damn wagon on drugs. big ass headlights...as far as the conversion goes, i dont want n e thin too krazy, proably stick wif the stock engine first then get JDM motorswap. i agree that 97s does have the bumper i want. and i've lookin into the pricing of it, the DX is a lil more expensive than the CX, can n e one tell me the difference? i'm lookin at about 7K, and i'm pretty happy wif that..

and dont worry i'm not gonna put no TYPE R badge on it....even if u have a TYPE R motor, its still not a type R.. so no point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.