Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yea, I am plannin to drop a B16 around late fall... what type of clutch/flywheel do you guys recommend. I plan on having around 200-220WHP when its all said and done. Here are some options: exedy, clutchmasters, centerforce, jun, toda, spoon, fidanza, ect, ect, ect?

Whutch'all think?

·
Registered
321 Posts
All motor? If so, you should be able to get away with using the JUN ultra light flywheel. I would probably then use an organic stock style disc with a heavier pressure plate (e.g. ACT extreme plate).

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have a custome centerforce with 6-puck. the centerforce is nice because it doesnt have heavy pressure plate but provides good grip at high rpm. it take awhile to get use to because pedal pressure increase as rpm increase. the 6-puck provides instance grip with no play at all, not very good for street use because i still stall my engine once in while.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
act clutch...
whutever clutch you get, you dont need a 6 puck. A semi metallic disk w/ a heavy duty pressure plate will be enough...trust me

·
Registered
798 Posts
puck clutches need no break in period..... fuck discs.

Get a Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, 6 puck unsprung ACT setup....

I've got the next stage higher (extreme pressure plate) but eventually, I'll be turbo.......

As for the flywheel, go Fidanza.......

·
Registered
442 Posts
Look....

Alot of peeps want the most awesome clutch so they get these Xtreme clutches and the such to fill their egos, but in truth they dont need that strongof a clutch unless your like phatty going for HIGH horsepower.

For either set up the C/M tage 3 or a smilar clutch will fit your needs. But, you dont have to take my advice...contat C/M or ACT and tell the what you have/are getting and they can tell you which clutch to get.

Use your head....
NOT your ego.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
what clutch would you guys recommend for me?

·
Registered
442 Posts
PSIKOTICsi....

I am a SOHC also but wit a JRSC. After my internals are built and my charger upgaded to 10psi, I am lookng at about250+ also. I talked to C/M and they said that the stage 3 would be appropiate since mine is still (and always will be) a street car. However, since I also want the Zex plate kit with a 50+ shot of n2o s they upgraded their recommendation to the stage 4.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the Ram PowerGrip setup (made by ACT). It is a cross between a stage 3 and 4. Kevlar and metallic disc and it is a 4 puck. It is a bit agressive for the street, but still nice. It has held up to my 6500 rpm clutch dumps with no problem. It is fairly inexpensive too. I got mine from Summit Racing. Flywheel was lightened by a machine shop - they were able to safely take off 4lbs. Thay also balanced it too. Only cost me $130.00. But be careful and take it to someone who knows what they are doing. These guys build race engines for the big V8 boys and some Winston Cup cars too.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
is lightening a stock flywheel bad....how long will the flywheel last if its lightened? i heard they dont last that long

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I HAVE THE JUN ULTRALIGHT FLYWHEEL and it is fucking great....fidanza is an aluminum flywheel and it is 1 lb lighter then the JUN flywheel but the JUN is forged chromoly steel and like i said the fidanza flywheel is aluminum...which means it would crack in half easier then a forged chromoly steel one would...as for lightening the stock flywheel...you have to be careful not to get it to thin or it could crack to....as for the clutch...dont get a 6 puck...yu will b snapping axles left and right....shit....mah homie's LSR snaps axles every other week....he just gets the car quest ones with the lifetime warranty......i have the JUN FLYWHEEL and an ACT stage 2 disk.......i like the setup...but next time i think i will go with Stage 3....its a more agressive clutch disc.....

·
Registered
798 Posts
6 puck snapping axles? Its not the puck doing it, maybe yout friend is buying shitty axles.

I've got a daily driven 6 puck clutch with extreme pressur eplate. Harsh as FUCK, and I beat the SHIT outta my car.....only went through one axle, and it was my own fault. (bleach burnout, blew a tire and torqued an axle..... haha :))

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.