Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am thinking of picking up a shell and building a pure bred track car, that can be driven to and from the track as well.

Well I have everything mapped out so far but have hit a snag at the ECU. I am planing on pulling out all of the wiring I won't be using. An example is the seat belt plug, interior lights, most dash lights, AC wires, cruise, etc etc etc. You get the picture. My question is if I remove these wires from the ECU plug, will it affect the ECU itself and throw it into a limp mode. I only plan on keeping the speedo, tach, temp, fuel, headlights, taillights, turn signals, and motor/fuel essentials.

So all I want to know is if I remove these wires, will it effect the ECU in a negative way?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm just asking before a tune when I drive the car to the place. I am just getting rid of the extra electronics that won't be used, as well as the few extra pounds of weight from the excess wires.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, I'm just asking before a tune when I drive the car to the place. I am just getting rid of the extra electronics that won't be used, as well as the few extra pounds of weight from the excess wires.

The examples of what your diconnecting are accesories. It shouldn't have any effect on the engine management portion of the ECU. I have done it on other makes. It had no ill effect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts