Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im gonna buy the edelbrock kit for the EX. What should I plan on top of the kit to keep it safe and running well? Im already planning a hondata s200, boost controller, turbo timer... 3 in exhaust,downpipe... is there nething else? keep in mind this is a daily driver. Basically what i want to know is what can i run at safely and what would be some *cheaper* mods to run a little higher?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got a question for you...

Why in HELL would you buy the edelbrock "KIT" to throw out half of what comes with a KIT and replace it?

You said somthing about Hondata, 3" dP, etc... that's all well and good... But why buy a kit then? You either buy the edelbrock kit, and leave it alone... Or put it together custom.

It's not worth it to pay 3500 for a kit then turn around and do that. Besides, making a 3" dp for the edelbrock kit will be near impossible.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh im sorry i didnt realize that the edelbrock kit came with a boost controller and a turbo timer....:rolleyes:

thanks for your help........

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
it doesn't but it does come with a dp and piggyback mgt unit. It has every thing you need to run it safe. you may want to get the fuel pump.

I've never seen an internal wastegate. How would you hook up a boost controller to it?

·
Registered
896 Posts
acuradriva said:
it doesn't but it does come with a dp and piggyback mgt unit. It has every thing you need to run it safe. you may want to get the fuel pump.

I've never seen an internal wastegate. How would you hook up a boost controller to it?
there's an article about this in this months SCC, according to the article you don't need to reprogram the ecu, and I don't belive it comes w/a piggy unit, it comes w/higher capacity fuel injectors and a fuel rail that alone will "handle" the fuel thirst. From what they said it comes w/every part, nut, bolt and gasket needed to install it I didn't finish the article but it said you could run 16-17 lbs of boost but make sure you beef up the internals to handle it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
correction: sorry it does come w/a piggy back ecu but it doesn't touch fuel management and its 16-18 lbs, pretty cool kit if ya ask me

·
Registered
309 Posts
tourhcky said:
oh im sorry i didnt realize that the edelbrock kit came with a boost controller and a turbo timer....:rolleyes:

thanks for your help........
Don't take it the wrong way, the edelbrock is a great kit. It's like a very complete greddy kit, as a matter of fact. The bottom line is, you can make some nice power and have a reliable setup for daily driving with it, keep a/c, and remain emmisions legal. You won't be unhappy with it.

If your looking for rediculously huge power, though, then this kit isn't for you.

If it's in your price range and you want somthign reliable to drive every day, by all means, go for it!~

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
johnyquest said:
Don't take it the wrong way, the edelbrock is a great kit. It's like a very complete greddy kit, as a matter of fact. The bottom line is, you can make some nice power and have a reliable setup for daily driving with it, keep a/c, and remain emmisions legal. You won't be unhappy with it.

If your looking for rediculously huge power, though, then this kit isn't for you.

If it's in your price range and you want somthign reliable to drive every day, by all means, go for it!~
the do have a "race version"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts