Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup all, kinda new to the boards but im needing some help. i wrecked my 2 door 94 a couple months ago and bought a 4 door 95. the motor in the 95 is crap, so im planning to do the swap this weekend. is there anything special i need to know before going ahead with the swap? im going to have 2 of my good friends helping me. one has done a couple swaps on his civic and the other has done some swaps on domestics. should i have any problems as far as axles or tranny or anything? its same motor being swapped. thanks guys

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
how much r u spending on the stock motor b/c u may way to look into a H22 swap or if u can afford the total cost of an H22 a F22b1 vtec is a nice upgrade as well. but if its the same engine u may need some new engine mounts. i heard once the engine mounts or taken off they dont work again for the new motor. other than that u should be ok

·
Registered
89 Posts
im not sure, but ithink he's using the motor from the wrecked accord. and if its the same motor, you wont have any problems. their are few, if any, mechanical diferences between the four door and the 2 door. but it would be wise to invest in new motor mounts. by the way, is it an f22b2, or an f22b1?
(vtec or not?)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
specialized forgot to mention that his old motor almost took a celica gt too.. i was there. now the kid is afraid to race him with the swapped motor..even tho the swapped one is jsut a shade over stock, stage 2 clutch and some internal stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts