Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Whats teh matter BDC cant answer my question or did u block me again cuz i proved u wrong again?? Like i have since you were on here...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
sweet said:
DOOODE, i need more visuals!!! Please!
Keep looking. This CAI isn't 'candy apple red'. It's the REAL thing... :p

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
sweet said:
aaaawww but i like candy apple red stuff!

naw just kiddin BDC, i see and understand.
Phat, seems to be having a hard time seeing anything. Maybe we should give him a 'newbie' pic.

Okay, Phat, here's a pic for the impaired:

Can you find the Iceman in this pic???

Hint: It ain't made of metal either. :sleep:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Well lets see here BDC, From the begining you tried to prove that plastic was better then metal, but now it seems you are changing saying look, this is teh reall thing, which you are showing a pic of a metal intake tube. Well what side are you taking cuz as of right now this was a worthless post beside you trying to trick some of us...and oh i am not a retard, cuz science is always being tested and tested again and being proven wrong, so teh articles that you posted are probably somewhat false since teh source isnt all that good, Dept. of Polymer Science, Univ. of Southern Mississippi, if it was like Princeton university id take that but university of mississippi doesnt do anything for me...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
PARDON THE INTERRUPTION WHILE I SWAT THIS FLY...

Phatcivic said:
...and oh i am not a retard, cuz science is always being tested...
You need medication, not science! Look, Phat, you've added nothing to this discussion except repeated 'ad hominem' attacks. You've tried to get it closed two or three times. And, you're still in here reading and posting away. Does that make sense?

I don't recall calling you a retard lately, but you're sure acting like one...

SOURCE: Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Main Entry: re·tard
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French retarder, from Latin retardare, from re- + tardus slow
Date: 15th century
transitive senses
1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : IMPEDE
synonym see DELAY

-------------------------------------------------------------

Main Entry: re·tard·ed
Function: adjective
Date: 1895
: slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress
Why don't you just stifle yourself and quit acting like a 2 year-old? Otherwise, we'll set you in the corner with a dunce cap... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
you said imapred or a synonym and since i know the way u think u were refering me to being a retard, in if that is the case well then i am not the one that needs help. And with science how the fuck do u think they test this crap, it sure as hell aint history, them taking CF and seeing exactly what it is made of is science not math or engish science. And how the hell do i know that Theron Ross is right, for all i know it could be you...So before you go off saying crap think alittle, i think you are/were the one with teh dunce cap on now buddy...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Phatcivic said:
...taking CF and seeing exactly what it is made of is science...
Carbon fiber is synthesized. It's a synthetic material. It doesn't exist in nature. It's man-made. If they didn't know "what it is made of", how would they have made it in the first place?

You're putting us on, right? Nobody is that stupid...

The human fly aside, where do we stand on the subject? Yoko Ono once said, "You can never unknow what you know." So, what do you know? Nothing more than before? Or, do you have it figured out now? Are we making any headway here?

I was just looking at a JCW catalog. They're selling carbon fiber hoods for 600 bones; carbon fiber fenders for 700 bones, and cross-link polyurethane Icemans for 190 bones.

Is this just a ploy to seperate fools from their money? To your way of thinking, will a $139 AEM short ram, steel hood and steel fenders work just as well? Is it all about looks; function means nothing? Bling bling is THE thing?

I think I know the answer. How about you?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
peopel choose the product for 1 of these 2 reasons..speed or looks. Which you probably already know hopefully. CF liek you said was lighter then metal, so that would be the perfect buy for the racer where as the meatl for looks. Its not the money its what you want it used for, money is yes everything, but it comes down to how much does something mean to u. Lets take a wedding ring for example, a diamond goes for a lot why b/c they know how much women love diamonds why not a crystal?? Same thing in a weird way but just to show you why prices are the way they are.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
This is easily the dumbest thread ever created. "Well you like plastic hoods, so you should like plastic intakes." What kinda irrelevant bullshit statement is that? Two COMPLETELY different products, serving two COMPLETELY different purposes. The only reason BDC keeps trying to compare the two, and stir up a pointless argument is to further his crusade for the Iceman.

As for those pics he posted, SO FUCKING WHAT? It has a dinky plastic tube leading to the turbo, but the rest of the tubing is metallic. Yet more pointless drivel from BDC, solely trying to mislead the ignorant ones.

Oh ya, cold air intakes on turbos will still do absolutely dick. Do you supporters have ANY IDEA how hot a turbo runs? You think a measly what, few degrees of cooler intake temp is gonna make dick all of a difference to a fucking bloody hot turbo?

DUH

Where's the BDC fucker to prove this wrong?

BDC:
A: doesn't even have a turbo (relies on shit posted on the internet for everything)
B: probably doesn't even have a CAI
C: needs to stop sucking Knight Engineering's dick
D: only stirs shit up to further his own satisfaction of "being right"

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Biff said:
This is easily the dumbest thread ever created. "Well you like plastic hoods, so you should like plastic intakes." What kinda irrelevant bullshit statement is that? Two COMPLETELY different products, serving two COMPLETELY different purposes. The only reason BDC keeps trying to compare the two, and stir up a pointless argument is to further his crusade for the Iceman.

As for those pics he posted, SO FUCKING WHAT? It has a dinky plastic tube leading to the turbo, but the rest of the tubing is metallic. Yet more pointless drivel from BDC, solely trying to mislead the ignorant ones.

Oh ya, cold air intakes on turbos will still do absolutely dick. Do you supporters have ANY IDEA how hot a turbo runs? You think a measly what, few degrees of cooler intake temp is gonna make dick all of a difference to a fucking bloody hot turbo?

DUH

Where's the BDC fucker to prove this wrong?

BDC:
A: doesn't even have a turbo (relies on shit posted on the internet for everything)
B: probably doesn't even have a CAI
C: needs to stop sucking Knight Engineering's dick
D: only stirs shit up to further his own satisfaction of "being right"
One word AMEN....

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i can't believe he's calling the people with aem cai's "ricers" because we like the look better than that of the iceman. and the difference between the gains is soooooo miniscule that it doesn't even matter. an intake gives you shit for power anyway i don't see why it's such a big deal i say drop it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
this shit is getting funny. Listen guys, i agree with some of your responses. This is getting out of hand with the name calling. But you know BDC, you've seen his threads, haven't you dumb people figured out that he is PURPOSELY stirring you guys up to see how far you dumbasses will go with this. If he is soo stupid and "doesn't know what he's talking about" just fucken ignore him. Oh yeah, nice job BDC... Kepping the "dumbasses" on their toes. LOL!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Plastic hood good, because the heat go's through it, plastic intake bad because the heat go's through thus heating the air. Simple enough? Metal intakes from what I here aren't supposed to allow as much heat into em.:sleep:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Page break...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Biff said:
The only reason BDC keeps trying to compare the two, and stir up a pointless argument is to further his crusade for the Iceman...

BDC... doesn't even have a turbo...

...cold air intakes on turbos will still do absolutely dick. Do you supporters have ANY IDEA how hot a turbo runs?
Those are good points, Biff!

It's true I don't have a turbo on my HX. But, that doesn't make me blind to the FACT that you CAN put a CAI on a turbo. The pictures were presented as PROOF of that FACT.

As far as PROOF and FACTS are concerned, you have claimed, several times, that they will "do absolutely dick" for turboed engines. Declarative statements are worthless unless they can be verified. That's why I always post graphs, charts, pix, links, sources and so forth. Would you mind showing us YOUR PROOF that CAI's won't do dick for turbo's???

Rhetorical questions are NOT proof. They are dishonest debating tactics, like "Eat your spinach - Do you know how many kids are starving in China?"

You asked if we knew "how hot a turbo runs." Most ppl don't. How about giving them the answer? Do YOU, yourself, even know???

While you're at it, since you have a turbo, tell us how hot the intake tube gets between the turbo exit and the TB at say... 9 PSI. Is your metal tube helping matters or hurting it? Or, does it even make any difference?

Have you tried a plastic CAI on your turbo? How about an AEM?

Talk about it, bro, instead of attacking ppl... That doesn't PROVE dick... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Pay special attention to posts by BlackDeuceCoupe, the instigator of the forum and a racism-conspiracy theorist who does a nice job breaking my column and responses down into his own brand of hate-speech. This is how people who hate you talk when they think you're not listening.

What the hell did he mean by that anyway?

·
Registered
404 Posts
BlackDeuceCoupe said:
Now, go back and look at the first picture again. Do you see the CAI this time? If not, keep looking. You'll find it.

[snip]

Oops! Define "large enough". Think 'WWII fighter' before answering
Yeah, I see it now, black, segmented hose.

Large enough is when the intercooler achieves ambient temperature with capacity to spare. Then it can dissipate any additional heat from a hot intake temp. I should add that the point of diminishing returns on cold intake air is long before you reach this. The reason is that the more heat you put into a heat exchanger, the more efficient it is.

However, For the Turbo you showed w/o an intercooler, the CAI is just as helpful as those for a N/A car.

WWII fighters tended to be supercharged. I think truly effective turbos were an outgrowth of the development of small gas turbines, which are very similar in design to the turbos we know and love. (Combustion chambers are off to the side in these engines, and they have single-stage centrifugal compressors and turbines.

I don't think that any were really intercooled, but I don't know. I never figured out what the big inlets were in the P-38 (on the tail boom), or the Mustangs (chin scoop), or the B-24 (the ovular engine nacelles). However, AFAIK all three of these were supercharged. I also recall that the P-38's tended to burn up their engines at high altitude, so they were relegated to ground attack. This could have something to do with lack of cooling capacity at altitude.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
BlackDeuceCoupe said:
Those are good points, Biff!

It's true I don't have a turbo on my HX. But, that doesn't make me blind to the FACT that you CAN put a CAI on a turbo. The pictures were presented as PROOF of that FACT.

As far as PROOF and FACTS are concerned, you have claimed, several times, that they will "do absolutely dick" for turboed engines. Declarative statements are worthless unless they can be verified. That's why I always post graphs, charts, pix, links, sources and so forth. Would you mind showing us YOUR PROOF that CAI's won't do dick for turbo's???

Rhetorical questions are NOT proof. They are dishonest debating tactics, like "Eat your spinach - Do you know how many kids are starving in China?"

You asked if we knew "how hot a turbo runs." Most ppl don't. How about giving them the answer? Do YOU, yourself, even know???

While you're at it, since you have a turbo, tell us how hot the intake tube gets between the turbo exit and the TB at say... 9 PSI. Is your metal tube helping matters or hurting it? Or, does it even make any difference?

Have you tried a plastic CAI on your turbo? How about an AEM?

Talk about it, bro, instead of attacking ppl... That doesn't PROVE dick... :rolleyes:
There you are, further making an ass of yourself. You made an assumption. And as we all know, you should never make assumptions. Please, if you will, show me exactly where I said I have a turbo. I myself do not have turbo, but I have two friends who have turbo motors (Integra LS, Civic Si). Since I can't exactly post "proof" as you say (what? take a thermometer to a turbo?), I can only say from firsthand experience that turbos run ridiculously hot (old news). Hell, people use turbo timers to help with cool-down. The thing is exhaust driven for Christ's sake.

The fact of the matter remains, that you pointed out, that yes, it is possible to have a cold air intake for a turbo. POSSIBLE yes. Purposeful? Hell fucking no. Since you so firmly believe in it, and since you always seem to have some sort of "proof" to post about things, do us all a favor and post some sort of before/after result of a turbo motor with and without a cold air setup.

Also, you cleverly ignored several points from my last post, which brings me to conclude, that they're as correct as your ass doesn't want to say it. I won't bother repeating them.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts