Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that at around 80 mph the steering on my car(2000 gsr) gets a little loose. It is most noticable on the highway when the im taking a moderate turn and the car hits a bumb or dip in the road. I have tokico gas shocks and comptech springs and a stock strut bar. What can I do to tighten up the steering at higher speeds. This is not that big of a deal, but with all the highway driving I do it can get annoying. Any ideas?

·
Registered
748 Posts
There are gears that sets the variable speed steering feel. you can try to find out how to change it. i don't think anyone knows how. not even in the manual

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
?

could this be solved by a new strut bar or mabey stiffer springs?

·
Registered
327 Posts
the speed sensitive steering valve is stuck open and assisting at high speed, when it shouldnt be. also you may need to adjust the steering play in the rack. you can do this by loosening the large lock nut on the rack and then depending on your car, you either turn the large screw in or out to adjust the availiable end play. you need to know what you are doing to do this, if you do not then do not attempt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts