Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any problems with this? I dont know much about any of the new game consoles, but I have heard that there can be problems when playing Japanese games on U.S.-sold systems. I seem to remember hearing something about an imported DBZ game not liking U.S. Playstations.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if I'm good to go with a cartridge from Japan and a GBA from here? Or do I have to get both from Japan?

·
Registered
467 Posts
GBA's have no regional coding.
They're 100% capable of playing international games.
Basically you can import games from Japan and play them on any GBA system.
I had a game shop confirm this for me that specializes in imports.

The one thing you can't do it link up 2 games from different regions. ex. North American Mario Kart to a Japanese Mario kart.
Other than that you're good to go!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey that was fast, thanks! Nowhere else I went could give me a definite answer, or even an answer at all. Guess I'm gonna be even more poor tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was checking around the sites of retailers in Japan and Initial D caught my eye, as well as a bunch of other anime-based games(one of which I'm trying to get right now). The problem is all the places I checked would not ship the GBA games outside of Japan. That brings me to my next hurdle: anyone know of some good places to get that stuff? Its a bonus if they speak English/have an English site.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you go to IGN.com and look around you'll find that they often do reviews on import games. They also usually have a link to shops that do import games. I hear they're in Cali.
Good luck and I hope you can read Japanese!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad I have some other place to look for this stuff now because I just got a price estimate from an importer on a Chobits edition GBA and game......$250-300! Oh yeah, I can not read Japanese, but that never stopped me before!

Thanks again.

(EDIT): I dont mean to one-up ya, but I accidentally found a link to an importer in the U.S. on someone's personal Geocities page. its http://ncsx.org/ and they are in NY. If you cant find what you want, just do a search. They dont update the site as often as they could. Just thought I'd share because I know first-hand that importers of anything are a bitch to find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.