Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are very close for yet another round of new consoles eating up our money. The Playstation 3 signed a patent on September 26, 2002. The release date on the PS3 will be Sep. 26, 2005 and above. Patent look:

IBM and Sony have the Big Blue's "Grid Computing" chipset at 90% complete. The PS3 speed will be 200x faster than the current PS2 rather than the 1000x game developers hoped for, Okamoto told them that the Playstation 5 would have 1000x fold because of lack of time release. Technology from Toshiba and Rambus are being used in the PS3 that will transfer data using 90-nanometer processing technology. The "Cell" ( that's what it's called ) has the ability to transfer data 6x faster than the current availability.

Sony also mentioned that their plan is to use high-density optical discs (like the UMDs for PSP) to distribute games, pictures, and movies. This is a platform above DVD which will prevent piracy and crap ( yea right we'll prolly figure it out in 2 months lol ). Sony also announced that they will “promote Blu-Ray as the next-generation packaged media format.” I couldn't find any information on that, sorry maybe you can find some and reply post it I don't know anyways. PS1 and PS2 games will be playable on the PS3, the games when put in will be read as a raw ROM. ( That prolly means we can burn the games and it will be playable without a mod-chip or stuff...unless.... )

XDR™ DRAM has been licensed by Sony for use in future broadband technology applications with the "Cell." ( look up for "Cell" info ) This is a joint effort between Elpida, Toshiva, & Rambus to create affordable high-speed-memory. Memory will run at 3.2 GHz which is 8x faster than current market memory speeds. This confirms the proof of previous rumors that stated Sony's licensing of memory from Elpida & the use of Yellowstone technology ( that was the codename for the XDR™ )

Game developers that announced games for the PS3 are: EA Games, Activision, Valve rumored Half-Life 2, & THQ.

Ok now for the awaited part, 80% of concept looks for the PS3's exterior:

'PSX DESR-7000' displayed at the CEATEC JAPAN 2003 technology trade exhibition at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, east of Tokyo Oct. 7, 2003.

PS3 logo revealed at Rambus/Elpida conference.

Concept by Seymour Powell ( very famous for many designs, check his site out at http://www.seymourpowell.co.uk/ )

Concept by Nick Prownell, product designer for UK.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Concept by Sony, first Concept for PS3. ( The Dual Disc idea is a nice idea, Back Up, DVD's, CD's, Development ).

Prototype for PS3, just for laughs.

Playstation 3 controller concept by Alex Jones.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The "Dendy" fake PS3, a long time ago it was being auctioned on Ebay for a ridiculous price. It's really a Nintendo, still funny.

Sony will release 2 products along with the PS3, the PSP and PSX, this is the PSX. PSX is an enhanced DVD / HD product based on the PS2 Chipset. It will sport various features such as high speed communications and multimedia facilities to make it an all in digital entertainment device. Concept look for it?

Media for the PSP.

Custom PSP.

·
Banned
3,307 Posts
those are the worst fake concepts i've ever seen

the first pic is the psx..def not the ps3...and the rest of them are just horrible photochops of the ps2

i doubt its going to be as huge as everyone is protraying it as..and why would i look so much like the ps2 still?

come on people

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
they all look fake with the exception of the first picutre. some of these controller chops are ridiculous, 4 analog sticks?? lol4 buttons up top (L1/R1) made me crack up as well, how the hell would you press the outer ones? lol Until i see something on SONY's website i'm not buying this prototype crap :)

·
Banned
3,307 Posts
ReCK1 said:
they all look fake with the exception of the first picutre. some of these controller chops are ridiculous, 4 analog sticks?? lol4 buttons up top (L1/R1) made me crack up as well, how the hell would you press the outer ones? lol Until i see something on SONY's website i'm not buying this prototype crap :)
well the 1st pic looks real because it is...its called the psx

its not the ps3 tho...why its included..who knows

·
Banned
3,307 Posts
Tony4Live said:
it's included because i mentioned 2 products coming along with the PS3, the PSX, and the PSP.
i say its fake because everything in this thread IS fake...and your other thread has no proof...a link from ign yes, but no source was mentioned..still a rumor

i guess i can believe that one tho, microsoft did register the domain name :)

just chill dude, youre a noob..i'm allowed to hate on you ;) its all in fun, but next time you decide to give us news, make sure its real

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude what are you saying man...lol
im baffled here. i also removed the hate from my reply before anyone could see it but you already did anyways.

all this stuff is not fake. if you want sources you type Playstation 3 on yahoo.com or something man and look.

this crap has been released in press conferences, interviews, secret smuggling out of the company etc.

evreything starts like this and becomes later visible.
i remember stuff like this for final fantasy tactics, dreamcast when it was called dolphin but had the same looks etc, Microsoft making a new game console which was the Xbox was denied directly but hinted all the way. etc etc.

don't you understand? you're not a real gamer man.
all you want is official crap, if you want official crap don't read this cuz it's not even out but this is how it will be. the info is true, im not saying the concepts will be the ones picked but those are all real concept looks.

·
Banned
3,307 Posts
bah..not even worth replying to...whatever you say man

edit..i lie

look at all the 'prototypes' man...they all use a ps2 logo...but with a 3 instead of a 2..yea, i'm sure sony is going to use the same logo

notice every one of those also look a TON like the ps2, no originality, ps3 is not going to look like the ps2

they are all photochops done by 'real gamers' like yourself..none of those are real..wake up

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
are you guys retarded....
what is so bad about this thread you fuck heads.
i gave correct information, even gave a freaking image of the patent.

what? you guys are bitter about the concept looks?
do I fucking make them? forget it, no more posting in this jacked up "Games" section for people who don't even know shit except for commercials.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
:eek:

no skin off our back. those are all concept images along with fakes.

no more posting in this jacked up "Games" section for people who don't even know shit except for commercials.
and you believe everything you read online?:sleep:

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Tony4Live said:
are you guys retarded....
what is so bad about this thread you fuck heads.
i gave correct information, even gave a freaking image of the patent.

what? you guys are bitter about the concept looks?
do I fucking make them? forget it, no more posting in this jacked up "Games" section for people who don't even know shit except for commercials.
lol i see you're getting ready to fight an uphill battle, goodluck Joe :) i think the main problem with this thread is that you posted TOO MANY picz, some really RETARDED ones at that. Any little kid can look at it and tell you its fake, but don't let people get you down man, keep doing what you do, its just a internet forum and everyone loves to post thier opinion, don't get butthurt off of few negative responses. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts