Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I dont really understand the whole "bore out a B16A to 1.8" thing. What would be the pros and cons of doing such a thing. If getting a B18c was a hard task to find one shoould i get a b16A bore to 1.8 and expect almost the same sort of pull. Also would bore out a b16 with a turbo be a bad idea? Its obvious im still learning so you gotta ask questions to understand:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
there are a lot of different things to consider in boring a b16 to 1.8 personally I like it for NA power because its preserves the 1.74 rod ratio which is nearly a perfect 1.75, but it gives the b16 the much needed torque in two tenths more liters, its probably not great for turbo just because the sleeves will be thinner but on the other hand good aftermarket sleeves are usually quite a bit stronger then stocks, golden eagle claims that theirs will handle up to 40 psi of boost but I'm sure thats under extremely ideal conditions that you're not going to replicate, if you're boosting I'd keep it pretty low prob 15psi or under

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.