Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, I have a 2002 Civic Ex and a while back my friend overtightened one of the header bolts (the amazingly thick, durable metal :rolleyes: ) So today I bought the bolts to replace the two snapped bolts on my header and tried to get into the area they originate by going through a million bolts above the part where the header connects (the block??? i dont know what its called im sorry) Here is a picture of the situation...

alright, what im aiming to do here is to replace the 2 bolts that should be where the red lines are... i think that in order to get to the head of those bolts i have to take off the area circled in green... today i removed all the bolts circled in blue but i found that it was quite a task to remove it all without any direction

Here's the question... does anyone know exactly what to remove in order to get down there, or even better does anyone have pictures or useful information that would help me out... i would really like to fix this myself because i am extremely tight on money right now :(

· Registered
205 Posts

Ask on 2k1civic.com.

· Registered
118 Posts
studs....

how far off the head did they break? is the end of the stud flush with the header? cuz if there is at least half an inch of stud sticking out of the head, all you need to do is take the header back off and go to your local auto parts store and get yourself some "stud extractors". They just look like some deep well impact gun sockets. if you can't find them, just ask the smiling helpful (dumb) people behind the counter. Oh yeah! and if this is the case, you won't need to take any of the stuff in green off. Good luck. L8z

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it wont be a problem since the head is on the inside :confused: ??? ... it just doesnt seem like it would work becuase the head is bigger than the hole (naturally) so how could the bolt come out without breaking the head off???

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: studs....

95_civicext said:
how far off the head did they break? is the end of the stud flush with the header? cuz if there is at least half an inch of stud sticking out of the head, all you need to do is take the header back off and go to your local auto parts store and get yourself some "stud extractors". They just look like some deep well impact gun sockets. if you can't find them, just ask the smiling helpful (dumb) people behind the counter. Oh yeah! and if this is the case, you won't need to take any of the stuff in green off. Good luck. L8z
oh yeah, the stud comes out to the end of where my stock header was

· Registered
118 Posts
stud extractors

Ok, since you have enough of the stud still sticking out of the head, don't take anything off of the motor except for the header! go to whatever auto parts store is closer and pic up those stud extractors and pick up a set of arp header studs for your car. take the broken studs out of the head using the stud extractors and put those arp bad boys in there. You'll have to do some SERIOUS torque'n to get them to snap off. good luck and have fun. L8z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.