Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I was looking for some information on getting my car back on the road. It is an 05 civic with an automatic transmission. The other day I pulled into my work and shut my car off and the key would not come out. So I tried to start the car and it wouldn't even crank over. I disconnected the battery and the key came out I let it sit at work for 8 hrs reconnected the battery and it still will not crank. A friend from work said he thinks the transmission thinks it in drive and will not allow it to turn over. Ive pressed the shift override button and changed gears and it still does the same thing. Right now this is the only way to shift the transmission. When I first try to start it the d does light up on my cluster but just for a minute. Sorry for the long post I'm just without a car till I can get this figured out thank you in advance

Christy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody ever had an issue like this or possibly know where to start looking id appreciate any help i can get

thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have not yet figured out the problem The car is still at my work. My friend is coming out tomorrow to look at it and im hoping he can get it on the road for me.

thank you

Christy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he did use the shift overide button and shifted through all the gears and it still wouldn't start even in neutral. Hopefully he can figure it out for me in the morning Thanks for all your help

Christy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this problem is still going on he did jump the starter and drove it back to his garage. I had bought an extra transmission last year and he was going to check the sensors and shift linkage. Hes afraid it might be the ignition in it. I will post again when I finally get some answers.

christy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I'm curious what you find out. Please do post again. Sounds computer/sensor related. Who thought it was a good idea to put computers in cars- an environment of high and fluctuating temperatures, water, lubricants, and other fluids, dirt and debris- all very detrimental to sensitive electronics!!?? The pre-computer age cars were so much better in so many ways- at least you could work on them yourselves and much more cheap to fix what ailed them. And most of the sensor problems are problems with the sensors themselves!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts