Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
You know when you install an exhaust and the catalytic converter has one end that has two holes that bolts to the header, and the other end of the converter has three bolts in a triangular pattern that bolts to the beginning of the cat-back system? Anyway, can you take those bolts out (the triangular pattern) and replace them with new ones? The bolts are all stripped and messed up from removing the exhaust so many times, I can't even screw a nut onto them. If I take apart the heat shields and check it out, can I like unscrew the old bolts or something and replace them with new ones from the inside? I don't want to try it cause if I remove it one more time, I doubt I'll be able to reattach the exhaust to it, them I'm screwed to hell. If you have any diagrams/info on the converter construction, I'd appreciate it if someone can post it. Thanks...

· Registered
432 Posts
any BOLT can be replaced...

hope this helps:)

· Registered
432 Posts
sorry no diagram on the cat. They suck, i wish we didn't need em! If you live by a HOME DEPOT, they've got bolts that match up the same size as length as the ones you need!

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...It's just that when I look at the bolts, they look like they are welded onto the cat or something, it doesn't look like they can be unscrewed or whatever you call it. Thanks anyway though.

· Registered
113 Posts
take your old bolts to the dealer and show the parts guy and tell him your car's specs and he can look it up. yes, they're replaceable.
:sonic:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.