Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive a automatic 00 i4 accord getting a ZEX kit, my questions are:

(1) how much shots will the car take without having to retard the timing?
(2) are the spark plugs ZEX recommends really necessary? -some people do not use spark plugs that are 2 heat ranges cooler than normal- does anybody in here run a nitrous system without spark plugs that are 2 heat ranges cooler?

thanx

· Registered
76 Posts
You can run a 55 shot before you have to retard your ignition timing. When you go to a 65 they reccomend a 2 degrees retard and a 75 shot is 4 degrees. I have a Zex kit with a 75 shot and I am running the ZEX plugs and they seem to do good. If I were you I would get the ZEX plugs.

· Registered
1,863 Posts
You can run the Zex kit just fine without an ignition timing retard. I personally think that the Zex plugs are great, but they are a bit pricey. For twenty bucks for a set of four, you could spend twenty bucks on NGK's that are two steps colder than stock and get ten of them. The NGK's are what I use for daily when I go screw around at the street races. The ZEX are what I use when I go to the track.

The ZEX plugs ARE two heat ranges colder than stock plugs too.

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't want nothing 2 blow up... so lets say i was to get plugs that are to heat ranges cooler... im a daily driver so, how does that effect performace with my car when i am not using nitrous? are the plugs only made for nitrous or can i drive on the them everyday? thanx!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.