Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my stereo stolen a few weeks ago. I'm just bought a new deck, but I don't know which wire goes where because the old connector was ripped out.

Can someone please tell me what each color wire on the stereo connector does?

Thank you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
an easier route is to go ot he store and buy a harness...its alot easier and u dont have to cut the factory wires and hopefully u havent already

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RedlinedDA said:
year, make, model?
2000 Accord Dx 4 door.
Thanks

And for those people saying I should buy a harness. I'm getting an afremarked stereo and I just need to solder the connector it comes with in the end, much easier than rewiring the entire car. (I think)

·
Registered
236 Posts
you want to solder? why? and no you wont be rewiring the whole....geez? now would i tell you to do to that if im helping you? unless i wanted to be a complete ass....its a harness that plugs into your factory harness...wires are color coded with a chart to plug into aftermarket stereo....didnt you even check to see what the harness i was talkign about are? prolly not....anyway..you decide how hard you want to make it. solder and sit behind the dash for an hour or so....or take the radio your putting in look at the harness and put the proper wires together in like 10 minutes plug in and turn on the radio

oh yea and the harnesses only cost like 15 boucks or so

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
sponginpunk said:
you want to solder? why? and no you wont be rewiring the whole....geez? now would i tell you to do to that if im helping you? unless i wanted to be a complete ass....its a harness that plugs into your factory harness...wires are color coded with a chart to plug into aftermarket stereo....didnt you even check to see what the harness i was talkign about are? prolly not....anyway..you decide how hard you want to make it. solder and sit behind the dash for an hour or so....or take the radio your putting in look at the harness and put the proper wires together in like 10 minutes plug in and turn on the radio
reread the section in bold. this is the original post
ib042129 said:
I had my stereo stolen a few weeks ago. I'm just bought a new deck, but I don't know which wire goes where because the old connector was ripped out.

Can someone please tell me what each color wire on the stereo connector does?

Thank you.

·
Banned
125 Posts
wear is it ripped at the factory harness? Well i believe for the speakers theres a ORANGE, GREEN, PURPLE, BLUE one is solid and one has a white line, pos/neg, those should be same color for the speakers, red goes to red, orange goes to orange, black goes to ground or black. Thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sponginpunk said:

oh yea and the harnesses only cost like 15 boucks or so
Well I soldered it before when I got my previous stereo. It was easy to do, and worked perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
accordpower99 said:
wear is it ripped at the factory harness? Well i believe for the speakers theres a ORANGE, GREEN, PURPLE, BLUE one is solid and one has a white line, pos/neg, those should be same color for the speakers, red goes to red, orange goes to orange, black goes to ground or black. Thats pretty much it.
Well thanks for that info. Do you know which speaker is what color? And there are a few more wires I believe: Power, Dimmer, etc.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
here are the Honda wore colors for your car

12v - white with green stripe
acc - white with red stripe
ground - black
illumination - red with black stripe
dimmer - red
left front (+) - blue with green stripe
left front (-) - gray with black stripe
right front (+) - red with green stripe
right front (-) - brown with black stripe
left rear (+) - blue with yellow stripe
left rear (-) - gray with white stripe
right rear (+) - red with yellow stripe
right rear (-) - brown with white stripe

here are the generic wire harness colors that should match up with your new radios harness

12v - yellow
acc - red
ground - black
illumination - orange
dimmer - orange with white stripe
left front (+) - white
left front (-) - white with black stripe
right front (+) - gray
right front (-) - gray with black stripe
left rear (+) - green
left rear (-) - green with black stripe
right rear (+) - purple
right rear (-) - purple with black stripe

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very much.
RedlinedDA said:
here are the Honda wore colors for your car

12v - white with green stripe
acc - white with red stripe
ground - black
illumination - red with black stripe
dimmer - red
left front (+) - blue with green stripe
left front (-) - gray with black stripe
right front (+) - red with green stripe
right front (-) - brown with black stripe
left rear (+) - blue with yellow stripe
left rear (-) - gray with white stripe
right rear (+) - red with yellow stripe
right rear (-) - brown with white stripe

here are the generic wire harness colors that should match up with your new radios harness

12v - yellow
acc - red
ground - black
illumination - orange
dimmer - orange with white stripe
left front (+) - white
left front (-) - white with black stripe
right front (+) - gray
right front (-) - gray with black stripe
left rear (+) - green
left rear (-) - green with black stripe
right rear (+) - purple
right rear (-) - purple with black stripe

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
accordpower99 said:
incase you have system in the trunk, solid blue wire on aftermarket harness is for the remote wire. incase your wiring an amp to.
DUDE RESIZE your sig. Its freaken huge and I'm at 1600x1200 res.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.