Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my fathers tc off the line because i have the cold air and some headers plugs wires and distributer, but i want either more power or a bigger motor what would ye do and what motors will fit that would show that scion whats up???????

·
Registered
842 Posts
*Head slams on desk*

Is your only goal in life to beat your dad's TC? In that case, nitrous.

Otherwise, browse through the forums before you post this. This is the oldest topic covered in the history of Civic tuning.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
HHimportHH said:
I have my fathers tc off the line because i have the cold air and some headers plugs wires and distributer, but i want either more power or a bigger motor what would ye do and what motors will fit that would show that scion whats up???????
Pretty much and DOHC VTEC motor would show that thing up and they all fit.. Turbo might be alittle cheaper if you run low boost and not really have to tune much. Nitrous is the cheapest

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
i'm going to be honest, you have the lowest end of the d16 motors. do you expect more from it or something? the tc should beat you.

if you want to show the tc "whats up" why don't you read ALL the forum stickies in here then go to the performance section and read more there. that way we can close thif thread and you learn yourself somethin'

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
burn the tranny in the tC up. then you'll be happy and won't have to spend (or learn) anything.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Ok I have seen enough bs

Your Y7 is not that bad and can be made quicker with the correct mods.

First and formost you will want to find a 96-00 D16Y8 ex manual transmission and swap it in, the Y8 transmission has much shorter gears and will make your car quicker.

Second there are 2 routes you can go with this. You can do a mini me which is where you put a EX Y8 head, intake manifold, and ecu in your car. It will gain you around 20hp and will cost under $500. The other route is to keep your Y7 head but add a delta cam and a ex intake manifold. It is imparative you do swap the intake manifolds though as it is a major bottle neck for you.

Other things also if you can live without them is to get rid of you a/c and power steering. It will cut back on the parasitic drag from needing to be spun but more so than that it will drop about 50lbs. Remove your spare tire and jack also.

Do a custom exhaust system. Get a header for a Y8, a magnaflow hi-flow cat, relocate your second O2 sensor to behind the cat, and run a 2 inch or a 2.25 inch mandrel bent cat back.

Get a B series throttle body, it will improve throttle response. Also a nice 12 lb flywheel, stiffer motor mounts or motor mount inserts.

It's all about how far you wanna take it and what you want in the end. After all this and that is if you do it I'd say to hit it with a 75 shot wet kit and tune for it. Tunning is the most important part of all this.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
96civic3door said:
Ok I have seen enough bs

Your Y7 is not that bad and can be made quicker with the correct mods.

First and formost you will want to find a 96-00 D16Y8 ex manual transmission and swap it in, the Y8 transmission has much shorter gears and will make your car quicker.

Second there are 2 routes you can go with this. You can do a mini me which is where you put a EX Y8 head, intake manifold, and ecu in your car. It will gain you around 20hp and will cost under $500. The other route is to keep your Y7 head but add a delta cam and a ex intake manifold. It is imparative you do swap the intake manifolds though as it is a major bottle neck for you.

Other things also if you can live without them is to get rid of you a/c and power steering. It will cut back on the parasitic drag from needing to be spun but more so than that it will drop about 50lbs. Remove your spare tire and jack also.

Do a custom exhaust system. Get a header for a Y8, a magnaflow hi-flow cat, relocate your second O2 sensor to behind the cat, and run a 2 inch or a 2.25 inch mandrel bent cat back.

Get a B series throttle body, it will improve throttle response. Also a nice 12 lb flywheel, stiffer motor mounts or motor mount inserts.

It's all about how far you wanna take it and what you want in the end. After all this and that is if you do it I'd say to hit it with a 75 shot wet kit and tune for it. Tunning is the most important part of all this.
all of which can be found out by asking the correct question. and looking at the stickies :D

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Screw the stickies, this is a damn civic forum, civic question should be asked and answered. The way I see everyone talk about searching and reading stickies it kills me. The search function on this site sucks to say the least and you do not get direct answers to a direct question from a FAQ sticky thread. People are so quick to yell search or read the stickies that I have not seen hardly any tech question be answered in the past say 6 months. It is pointless to have a open forum that people do not answer questions in. If anyone has the urge to say search or read the stickies just move on and I will answer the person question or help them find the answer.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
the only reason i said it was because he's wanting to beat his dad's tc.....

something i find funny the first time a read it and rather childish. and i do agree with you on answering the questions, but seriously in this case it just seemed more appropriate than saying all this stuff to do, when even when i was a new guy to cars i could figure out what needed to be done (no offense to thread starter)

lets just leave it at that and i'll make it a point to asnwer questions with more of an open mind.

in that case: things that will make your car be able to beat the tc
1) ex/y8 Intake manifild swap
2) intake /exhaust
3) ex/y8 tranny

just those will make a HUGE difference

then if your feeling ambitious, try to find a ex/y8 head and do a mini-me. that will give more options as far as premade cam shafts and tuning.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Slap a NOS sticker on your window, it will add 15hp to the wheels and raise your rev limiter to 9,000rpm

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I would like to say I am sorry, I never ment for that to come out as bitchy as it did and I also did not mean for it to be souly aimed at you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts