Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

please help thermal light on but not overheated

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Joshuaxxx247 
#1 ·
i bought a Rockford Fosgate Punch p550.2 (pushes 275watts RMS for 2 channels at 2 ohms) to power 2x10 inch Rockford Fostgate Punch series subwoofers. I wired it myself, followed the instructions perfactly, and it all worked great for about 1 month. Then, one day, the thermal light came on but the amp wasn't hot. I checked the hand book and it said that it may not be getting enough power. I took a look at my battery and it had a good amuont green stuff (carosion) on the two terminals and the top. i cleaned it up with some baking soda and resurfaced my terminals. When i tried started it back up, the thermal light was still on. I checked the ground and power cable with a digital multimeter and it said i had around 12 volts, i believe, (then, just to be safe, i hooked it up to a battery charger and ran more than enough voltage through the system) but the subs where not delivering anything and the thermal light was still on. I checked all of my wire connections, fuses but they all where good. Crutchfield has now sent me three of these amps and they are all doing the same thing. The amp is not the problem for sure. has anyone ever heard of a problem like this before? and what can i do? (my battery never dies and my car starts first time every time)... thank you for your help :confused

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.