Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal this has been happening for a while, one of the main reasons why my car is still in the shop, my car when it is driving and you give it full throttle it starts to break in high rpm's mainly 5k and increasing, it starts to make the car feel like its struggling to get up there to 8 grand....we thought it was a fuel problem but i just had my RC 550c injectors and AEM FUEL RAIL put in today and still made no difference but now when in idel you give it throttle at 4 thousand it struggels for a litle bit and then lets go....now the shop its sitting at right now is telling me that it is because of my downpipe there is two parts on there that are about 5 in long both that have a little 2" piping mayb less then goes to a big 3"....could that be it or what is it, i just had enough of this fuckin car, i jus got my fully built LS motor put in 2...and this is not goin good PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
what kind of tuning do you have and what is your spark plug gap?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have any tuning because i didnt want to take the car out of the shop till they fixed it properly...im taking it out today to get my p72 i jus bought today chipped and get everything rewired all over again right...and my spark pplugs are gapped at32

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
1PHAT2000Si said:
i dont have any tuning because i didnt want to take the car out of the shop till they fixed it properly...im taking it out today to get my p72 i jus bought today chipped and get everything rewired all over again right...and my spark pplugs are gapped at32

sounds like an overly rich problem.
How are you controlling those injectors?
No tuning???? what do you mean my that?...
I doubt it's your downpipe.
We need to know what your using for fuel management.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey let see i took the 550cc injectors off and put my stock ones on because my friend told me that those injectors will fry the driver on my ecu...and i bought a p72 obd1 so i can get that chipped to run more fuel delivery and stuff like that...i have a VAFC but i have no more vtec since the b16 got thrown out for a fully built LS...i havent got it tuned yet because ever since i had the turbo in its been lagging in the 5k rpm area...so i didnt want to take it out of the shop till they fixed it...i got my old cat tooken off and made a 3" downpipe all the way through...and i have a vortech FMU but i doubt thats doing shit for me...! :confused

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
plain and simple. get it tuned and bring the gap down a little. 32 i found can still cause probs.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
So lets see,
Peak hold 550cc injectors and a fmu with no resistor pack. Hmmm
What exactly are you doing for tuning? Are you going to run a fmu or a tunable set-up?
You seriously need to figure out out fuel management and tune that. your wasting your time by trying all these things when the real problem is your set-up.
fmu + stock ecu + 550cc injectors = not going to work
fmu + stock injectors = will work for low boost
550cc injectors + resistor pack + tunable fuel management (hondata,aem,uberdata,etc) = good choice.
Please list what your using for fuel managment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
actually,u need a professional tuner,check for air/fuel ratio tune your ECU,2" or 3" pipe doesnt problem the engine.except u want go with high boost.
i already done with K24 engine AT and go no problem with 0,7 bar (stock engine)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.