Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys...dueing to previous owner putting new alloys on with incorrect nuts i have to replace all my wheel bolts...i have done the rear no probs by removing breake asembly and then the hub and hammering the old bolts out.easy......however the front i cant seem to remove the hub from the knuckle type thing which is blocking the bolts going in.i managed to hammer the bolts out at an angle but to do this to fit is going to damage the new threads....i found this out when i had a flat tyre 150 miles from home and couldnt get the spare to tighten....any advice will be greatly recieved

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
year and model would help......but if you really do have 2000 model, all you have to do is unscrew the screws that are holding the rotor to the hub. you'll need an impact screw driver and a hammer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ty for the reply..my model is a uk spec 2000 accord...there are no screws except to remove the brake disc which i have already done...i have looked further back in forum and i think i may have to remove the whole assembly to get at 4 bolts between knuckle and hub.....going to main dealer tomorrow to get more bolts and im gonna try grinding a bit of the side of the head of the bolt(to reduce the angle its going in at) and hammer it in hopefully without damaging the threads to much..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.