Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm not sure where else to turn to for help with my DC2 ITR issue. If I have posted in the wrong forum please forgive me. I drove the car for the first time in about a month yesterday and on the way home the car would pull when I gave it gas then suddenly stop pulling for a momenet, then pull again and then stop pulling, everytime I tried to accelerate. When I came to a stop the idle sounded like a dirt bike. It would rise to about 1300 RPM, then fall down to 700 RPM. The idle rose and fell for a few minutes before finally settling at 900 RPM (where is usually sits). The next day I ran a compression test and produced these numbers on the cylinders from the passengers side to drivers side (if someone could correct me on the cylinder numbering) - 210, 205, 200, 190. I also pulled out the spark plugs and noticed rust on the spark plug and moisture inside the spark plug hole on the far end drivers side cylinder. I have not washed the car in over eight months so I'm not sure where the moisture could have come from. I have also attached pictures of what I found. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heavy throttle at highway speeds puts a lot of load on your engine causing EGT's (exhaust gas temps.) to skyrocket. Generally speaking, the higher your EGT, the higher the temp is in the combustion chamber, and very high temps can cause funny things to happen to spark plugs, things like mis-fires and pre-ignition conditions can start to appear, but Kodi nox only while the spark plugs are super hot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts