Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 98 Integra LS. I just had my engine swap (H22) put in. I have Skunk2 coilovers and KYB AGX shocks and it handles great. I was wondering what else should i do for my suspension. Someone told me to get the Skunk2 21mm rear swap bar since my front end is heavier or sumthin? And to just keep the stock front sway bar and swap in some polyurethane bushings for them. I was also thinking about the Neuspeed front upper and lower strut/tie bar, Skunk 2 rear lower and upper rears. I was also thinkin about replacing that control arm bushing in the rear that has bunch of holes in it to a polyurethane one. What do you guys think? Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, I think you should deal with the skunk 2 bars and bushings. I'm about to do the same. Their products are wicked sh*t man. Since you got skunk 2 springs on your ride, then you should deal with their other merchandise. They are a well know company which they could back up their sh*t. Nah meen!:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, blood i naw whachu meen! I finna go get me some mo skunk2 shizznitz fa shoto playboiiiiii!:D

No, but for real, i heard the big swaybars tear out the rear sub frame? I have skunk2 springs so would it be that big of a deal since they are alot stiffer? THanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ayo playa i kno wha theys be fo...but u kno i gotz dat xtra weight up in unduh da hood area so i finna get a thika swaybarizo to balance it outz yo! AIIIII:D

Yeah i have a H22 in my integra so i have 80 more lbs. in the front than stock. ITR's have 22mm rear sway bars anyway. SO iw as thinkin about a 21 Skunk2 one to balance out the front end a bit. Maybe a CF hood and relocate the battery to the rear. ANymore people have inputs on my suspension set up?

·
Registered
323 Posts
With Skunk2s you shouldn't have any problem with the excess weight.
A stiffer rear anti-roll bar will help reduce the understeer of the car, and will reduce the amount of body roll you experience in a turn. You may want to get a stiffer front anti-roll bar at the same time though. The ITR and GSR both have a 24mm front bar, and the combo of a 24mm front bar and 22mm rear bar is a good balance for an Integra IMHO, but it is a little more aggressive than I would go on a car that's solely a daily driver. For that I would go with a 24mm front bar and 19mm rear bar.

You can get the GSR front bar for cheaper than most aftermarket bars. For the rear bar I would suggest getting either the Suspension Techniques bar or Neuspeed bar for a daily driver only car, and if you autox or track your car then I would say the ITR rear bar with a mounting kit from someone like BSQ or Beaks would be good.

As for the strut and tie bars...the upper bars will make more of a difference, and I would start with the rear not the front. Get the rear upper bar first, install it and see what it does. Then get the rear lower bar and install it. From there evaluate the car's handling and identify what you don't like, then deal with that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts