Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine Rattles

This started 2 days ago, my license plate in the front was lose, and i thought the vibration was makin it make that noise.. the rattling noise always happened just about 3000 rpm, wouldnt before that.. today i just took off the license plate to see if it was the problem.. no rattling even up to 5000 + rpm, i was thinking ok that was the problem.. then suddenly im just driving back home (i had taken it for a little test drive to make sure that was the problem), the rattling starts at 3000 once again.. im not sure what the problem is, ill bring it in this week to get it checked, i was thinking maybe its my heat shield rattling?? any ideas?
Alex

·
Registered
419 Posts
that rattling would b ur catalyic converter. the lining n the nside comes off sometimes which n results make that noise. im experiencing the same problem at 3rpm on my car. it goes away after 3.5rpm. its like a common problem with gs-r's so dont feel bad

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea on what it would cost to get this fixed? (preferably canadian pricing)
Alex

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Your description is TOO broad. Trying to figure out Exactly what is rattling in or on your car is Very difficult in this fashion.

Please SEARCH for postings related to rattling sounds and heat shields that will list the myriad of possible problems that lead to rattling and the like.

AND

Please take your car to a mechanic that you can trust, or even a Dealership to assess the problem and possible solution.

Listing possible prices for hypothetical problems or remedies is also useless.

First get an idea of Exactly WHAT is rattling and THEN review the options and THEN ask for pricing.

Good luck,

A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts