Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 type sh - i've noticed that when i look under my hood that there is, i think oil, on the ceiling of the hood just above/around the top part of the valve cover and fuel injector thingy and the tubes around that area look a lil wet and stuff also. i was wondering if anyone knew/experienced this or know what is happening?? is something broken? would it be hard/expensive to fix?? help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
ShYLiLAsNbOi said:
98 type sh - i've noticed that when i look under my hood that there is, i think oil, on the ceiling of the hood just above/around the top part of the valve cover and fuel injector thingy and the tubes around that area look a lil wet and stuff also. i was wondering if anyone knew/experienced this or know what is happening?? is something broken? would it be hard/expensive to fix?? help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!
Do you change your oil? or does somebody else do that? Leaving the oil cap open will cause oil to splatter around outside the valve cover. Or like 4bidden said, cv boots, check that, if torn, replace, or rebuild it.. best thing is to wash your engine bay, then drive around normally, check again for oil/grease around the engine bay, if none, do a couple WOT run to get oil pressure up, pull over and check hood again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, but what's a cv boot? and i have tried cleaning it up before and then driving around a while and checking it again and the oil is back again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts