Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please read before posting questions or replies on the forum

OK, I'd like to give some advice to eveyone. When you have a question to ask on the forum or are simply replying to a post, there are a few things you should keep in mind.

#1) If you are looking to purchase something, PLEASE list your budget. If you are looking to spend $500, please ask what is the best for $500. Don't just use "cheap" either, cheap is a relative term. Please don't just post asking for the best cd player, component set, amp, etc.

#2) If you are looking to buy something, whether it be a sub, amp, component set, deck, EQ, xover, line driver, etc) and want advice, let us know what YOU want out of the new product. Do you plan to compete? Do you want it just for your daily enjoyment, yet still high-end?

3) If you are having trouble with your stereo, such as something stopped working, be as SPECIFIC as possible as to EXACTLY what happended or happens. List everything you have installed in terms of your audio system. If your amp stopped working a post saying "my amp quit, help!" is not what you need to do for help. What did it do? What does it do NOW? Does it light up? etc. etc. etc.

#4) Please, if you are a newly registered user, do not dredge up old threads just for sake of racking posts up. There have been threads long forgotton brought up by new users who basically repeated what was already said by someone else. There are plenty of threads to go nuts on in the Off-Topic forum. If a question is answered, it's answered, leave it alone. And no, "yeah" or ":)" replies to posts just for sake of racking posts up either.

#5) Use the SEARCH function, it's there for a reason. If you have a basic question, do a search before posting. Chances are if it is a basic install question, or opinion on a certain brand, we have already been over it. The other sticky also has a lot of helpful links in it as well that may answer your question.

#6) Do not post things like "Help" or "I have a problem" in the subject. It is a pain for people reading the posts and people searching for the answer to possibly the same problem you have.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.