Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to complete the conversion to OBD-1 but I am stuck on the wiring w the pigtail part of it. I plugged in the grey plugs to the P08 ECU and the ECU side is easy - just plugs in. Self explanatory. I just need to know where to solder/splice the pigtail wires. If anyone has a diagram or ANYthing please post it and let me know. Thanks guys. *I am sooooo stuck on this and it is sooooo frustrating*

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok dude I have the ECU side done. I am using the conversion harness obd-0 to obd-1. there are a few pigtail wires and I do not know where they go or where to solder/splice them. If anyone has any info on this please help.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I have the D15B VTEC harness, too so I cut and installed the plugs onto the VTEC solenoid and the pressure switch so I know where those 3 wires go. I just dont know where the rest go. Like there are 3 ground wires and some others. God I am so stuck this sucks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
njn63 said:
wait, what ecu is the P08? I remember hearing one of the JDM ecu's looked for a 1 wire o2 instead of a 4-wire that most obd-1 cars have.

I don't have a diagram, but there is a pinout for a obd1 ecu here: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217405

Just trace the wire in the pigtail back and then wire them where they should go. I assume there is a wire for the vtec sylinoid, oil pressure sensor, and some for the o2 sensor. Um... not sure what else but maybe distributor? There is a guy on h-t that makes them (blown90hatch) and he helps people out all the time that buy shady harnesses with crappy instructions.

the thing is though, I wired up the VTEC solenoid and the VTEC pressure switch, but VTEC is not engaging. Nor is the wire from the A4 pin on the ECU throwing a 12V signal - I tested it. Any thoughts? I need to know if this pinout is the same for P08 ECU? are the P28 and the P08 the saem besides the 02 senosr wiring?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.