Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is a simple question,

How do I remove the spark plug cables? like if I want to change my sparkplugs, do I just pull those black rubber caps off and pull the cable out? sorry Im a n00b!

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
yes, then use a spark plug socket to remove them...

turn them clockwise :rolleyes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, ok so i pulled the wire out. . I pulled up on the black rubber caps that are over the plugs, and kept pulling till a short dangly piece of rubber came out. it did not appear to have a connector on the end that attaches to the plug

i was worried that i had ripped the wire out by pulling too hard. i put the rubber back into the hole and the car ran normally. how does this work?

would i notice if i was down to 3 cylinders?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
absolutely you would notice, it would run like crap. when you pull it out it should come out with a long tube, you didnt do anything wrong

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so when i pulled it out, i think i pulled the rubber out of the inside of the tube. the tube stayed attatched to the spark plug. the whole plastic piece should come out, right? not just a piece of rubber? what part should i grip as i pull?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
yes, then use a spark plug socket to remove them...

turn them clockwise :rolleyes
Turn counter clock wise to losen.
Turn clock wise to tighten.

Matt

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
J.O.A.T said:
Turn counter clock wise to losen.
Turn clock wise to tighten.

Matt
lol that's the first thing I thought

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k i know how to remove the plugs guys, the problem im having is with the wires. when i pulled on the wire to disconnect the plastic tube from the sparkplug, the tube stayed attached and a piece of rubber got pulled out the top of the tube. apparently no connection was broken because the car is running fine.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
yes the tube comes out.

wire to rubber to tube lookes likt this: ~~~o==== thats what comes out, if the tube doesn't come out, something is wrong

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Try turning it from side to side to break it lose before you pull it if. If its stuck, you break it lose by turning it, insted of ripping it.

Matt

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Twist them a little, to break them lose if there really stuck on there. This is to insure that you dont rip them. Then just grab the top and pull them out.

Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts