Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
mikesta21 said:
spark plug wires.... bought the only ones autozone :)noo) had . they are bosch :cry
should i return them and get something better? im not sure if they matter, as i did also buy denso iridiums.

plugs and wires make almost no difference performance wise without an ignition and coil. Even with those, the difference is small until you seriously mod the engine. Some ignitions have some other useful features though. A while back I bought some MSD wires, that's been like 50k miles ago and they're still in great shape. Can't go wrong with them as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Unless there was a problem with the original wires, I would keep them....the whole bigger plug wires is an urban legend (sorry, nology)....

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
OEM wires/plugs/ignition are more than decent if they're in good condition.
if you run less than 11:1 compression on a N/A setup and you dont plan on going FI anytime soom then keep it OEM.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Return the cheap ones....If it ain't broke....

·
Registered
349 Posts
as long as the conductive tips do not show signs of corrosion, you should be good to go, you may want to use a little electrolitic gel, on the tips, for better conductance...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
mikesta21 said:
nice got my 42.99 worth of bosch back in my pocket.. now i just have to change the cap and rotor. so the fact that they are so old, and the car sat for a while wont affect the wires ability to transer current? if not i dont mind leaving them in. :D
you can also test the resistance of the wire with a multimeter. I can't remember what the resistance is supposed to be, but I'm sure somebody on here does. If that comes out good, then they should be fine.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It goes by ohms and the least amount of ohm resistance the better the plug wires...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts