Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to tune up my ignition system, so whats the best brand of plugs ( im thinking NGK) wires, cap and rotor. also i need to dial in my timing, so anything i can do about that?

· Registered
4,633 Posts
OEM is best....unless you have a reason for going aftermarket, but the stock dizzy setup can deal with big boost setups. NGK makes good plugs, Denso too. The NGK blue 8mm wires are fine (again, so is OEM).

If you want to make sure your timing is to spec, you'll need a timing light, and a good write-up of exactly how it's done. If you've got a friend whose done it before and knows the theory behind what to adjust under what circumstances, get them to give you a run through...would be easier than just reading how to do it (There's probably thousands of timing how-to's on google).

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Like above, OEM or NGK. OEM has been proven to be very reliable with increased performance mods. I think stock ignition is good for upwards of 600hp, according to someone on here. I personally always get NGK stuff before OEM, and have never seen any issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.