Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did another test run today and checked my plugs rite away and they were silverish brown. is that normal or does that mean im running a little lean? i have i/h/e, hi-flow cat, cam gears, ingition. would putting the 65 shot fuel jet in be ok? running a little rich is better than running a little lean rite? isnt it better and faster to have more fuel anyway? i might put in the 65 fuel jet if its better than sticking with the 55.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Dude chances are if the plugs give you a reason to suspect they may be foul....change them. Theyre only like $20 for a sex of triple electrode ZEX plugs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
JHD_DA said:
i did another test run today and checked my plugs rite away and they were silverish brown. is that normal or does that mean im running a little lean? i have i/h/e, hi-flow cat, cam gears, ingition. would putting the 65 shot fuel jet in be ok? running a little rich is better than running a little lean rite? isnt it better and faster to have more fuel anyway? i might put in the 65 fuel jet if its better than sticking with the 55.
from what i know...more fuel won't make you run faster...more nitrous will tho.....at least thats what these guys told me....your plugs silverish brownish? thats kool man...as long as your not detonating

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think they were silverish brown cause i didnt put that many miles on them. now they r mostly brown with no signs of specks.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
mostly brown is cool. and i wouldn't really run the zex plugs. ngkbkr7e has worked great for me and many others that i know of. and running too much fuel (rich) actually causes you to lose power. you get the most out of your car right at the point before you run lean. it can be a tricky and dangerous place to find. but that is where the car will run its strongest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts