Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
As good as cops may be in maneuvering, their cars are not fast by any means.

Well, if you compare it to a 4 cylinder econobox, they may be fast, but otherwise no.

BTW, it is a piece of cake to outrun them. ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe after the SOL is up. Until then...I'd rather not implicate myself further.

One more thing, how can I go about getting one of those mini 8mm video camera tapes onto my computer? I knew I should have bought a digicam...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most departments these days have camaro or mustang pursuit cars; mostly LS1 Z28s as far as I've seen. Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Illinois are all states I've seen with pursuit cars.

Helicopters are pretty hard to outrun. You either have to run for some time at 150+

Thats what a motorcycle is for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
drives a camaro for the police and he too me in a ride in tha thing and lets just say that an ordinary car wouldnt be able to outrun it even a motorcycle we got that bitch up to 200 and i told him to slow down. he was laughing at me cause i was getting scared.
Either you were reading the instrumentation in Kilometers/hour, or you are a dirty liar. No stock motored Camaro Z28, police pursuit vehicle or otherwise, will hit 200mph in anywhere remotely close to stock form. What were you smoking, and can I get some of it? :rolleyes:

A sport bike of 600ccs or more is more than capable of faaaaar outrunning a Police car. It's usually a poor or underexperienced driver that allows the cops to close in and apprehend...or mop up the body parts.

The trick to outrunning the cops is to get out of their sight quickly, before they have the chance to get a good look at you/your car/your plates. If you have been tailgated for the last two miles by a State Cop and then he hits the lights, running would be a bad idea unless you have a REAL good reason (dead midget in passenger seat, etc..).

If you are well into the triple digits on the freeway and you go through a speed trap, it may be a good idea to...just keep going like you never saw him. Then get off the freeway at the 2nd exit or within 2 miles, whichever comes first. Thats my plan, at least.

Always be mindful of jurisdictional boundaries, and always check your six.

blugh

·
Registered
41 Posts
in houston, there are cv's with corveete motors. ive talked to some state troopers about that..
Thats bullshit. Why would they take a Ford Sedan with a 4.6L motor, take it out, put in a 5.7L V8 SBC? Can you think of the logistics behind this swap? Why not buy a Z28 instead? Those cops are lying to you. I'd put my motor on it.

Z28s have the vette engine, they have for years now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
HToWnAccoRd said:
Bull shiet? I saw it my SELF! its the OLD SCHOOL cop cars that have them. yes i know z28's have vette motors ls1's and lt1's or whatever..
If by "old school" you mean the B-Body Caprices that used to be in production from (91-96 I believe) and that can still be found in some departments, then you would be correct. The 9C1 (police package) Caprice and Impala SS's did have LT1 motors. However they had cast-iron cylinder heads and were rated at 260hp with 330-350tq (cant remember exact number). A bone stock car like this (no lightbar, radio, misc. equipment) can run a low to mid 15 second quarter mile. Add in all the cop stuff, and its a far bigger whale. Rugged? Yes. Fast? Hell no.

However, in your original post you said "cv" which I understood to be Crown Victoria, and I suspect you meant it as well.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Who at the Police Dept. (especially those concerned with BUDGET) would authorize the placement of a Chevy motor in a Ford sedan? That sounds like a whole lot of "lets piss money out the window!" thinking to me.

I'll believe it when I see it, and only then. After that, I'll kick the Chief of Police in the nuts for so stupidly wasting my tax dollars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.