Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
I always loved the "look" of the 77 Dodge Monaco... This CHP car reminds me of the "CHiP's" cars.

The 1978 440 Fury Salon was also a classic, the "TJ Hooker look!"

A.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One thing you have got to remember. You can outrun a cop car, but you can't outrun their radio. Not sure if someone posted that or not. i skipped through most of this thread. i am lazy :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
oops sorry guys i checked yesterday and the old cop cars with the vette motors were Chevy Caprices...for some reason i thought they looked the same o well.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
the radio is much faster:)

besides when it comes to snow cops can't drive for shit, lets see them pull us over for busting doughnuts, drag racing, and other stupid shit in a 4 wheel drive in the middle of a blizzard with one of those things.:p

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
a friend of mine had a 91 teg with exhaust and Eibach springs and he had no insurance and stolen plates. so one day he came from out of town and as soon. he got about 20 block from his house a cop car start chasing him for a good while he told me, but they never caught him. he said that it was a 2002 Crown Victroria. :p

you can out run a polic Corvette if you have a Honda S2000 with a little work or a stock NSX-T:cool: :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey does anyone know the 1/4 and 0-60 times for the Police Crown Vics? I was wondering what I would have to run if I wanted to out run a cop (not that I ever would...).

Thx
The old police Crown Vic? SLOW! I drove one as a reserve deputy for a year... the 05+ were slow, and the <05 were slower. It took us what seemed like forever to get to 130 (max speed). Now, the new Taurus and Charger Interceptors are no joke at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They really aren't that quick. Granted it is a v8, and the transmissions are geared accordingly, it is still a soch old 4.6 mustang engine. You are looking at 220-250ish HP on a very heavy car. I had a 98P71, and I just walked by a turbo genesis from a dig. MAYBE a car.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.