Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[VIDEO WAS REMOVED DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, THE VIDEO LINK BELOW DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE, I WILL TRY TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCyMkB0uMeg

Eugh what bullshit, since when is a breather valve illegal, and why is it illegal to modify our engine.....why? we pay for the car, the insurance, let us do whatever the fuck we want to do with it, now if we are caught using the car in abusive manner such as racing then i can understand the fines for those illegal modifications but if your driving safely and normally....you should not be picked off like that in that video.

Pretty gay if u ask me.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
all right first off FUCK violation 27156B on these nutz!!! second off thank GOD i don't live in Calli. that's just bullshit....i'm sorry for you guys that live in Calli. that have to deal with that shit. and third that video was as gay as Mr. Rogers neighborhood. to any cops that want to pull me over cause they think i buid my car for the sole purpose of racing......... :fu

Reactions: LilGecko96

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
when did we start living in a communist country?????anyway people have been racing since the other car was made......for the love of God nascar started off of illegal moonshiners hooking up there cars to run fom the cops,then other moonshiners started racing themselves, and 60 years later its americas racing past time ..what the hell is going on here......fucking Mustangs and chevys can do what ever they want be as loud as they want but thats ok for them.......fucking trucks can be jacked up to the sky but thats ok.........motorcycles can hooked up as hell or made in my garage, but thats cool.........and if I put an intake on my honda I can go to jail.......WHAT THE FUCK.................

·
Registered
884 Posts
There's another thread w/ that video in OT, but since you guys didn't live in SoCal in the late 80s/early 90s, smog is something foreign to you. I'm not talking about the "myth of smog" I'm talking about a thick, yellow haze that just sits and doesn't blow out on pretty much any day where the temp is 85*+ and is so thick you can't breathe outside. In order to reduce that smog and the health hazard associated with it, the California Air Research Board (aka CARB) was created. Here we are 10yrs later and while smog still exists, it's nowhere near the levels it was in past decades, due a lot to California's tougher emissions restrictions. Why the boring history lesson? So you'll understand the need for emissions standards, at least in the LA Basin, SGV and Inland Valleys. How does all this tie in? Street racing exploded from the underground to mainstream with, and I hate to say this, the release of TF&TF. As an underground activity, it was low key enough to draw little attention. As a mainstream activity, numerous street racing related deaths began popping up in specific areas. Due to the nature of street racing, it is very difficult to catch someone in the act, so although there were laws against it, those laws were difficult to enforce. Thus law enforcement had to find a way to be proactive, rather than reactive. This led to joining w/ CARB based on the assumption that all street racers drove tuned/modified vehicles and all tuned vehicles have equipment which will increase emissions. Therefore, you have a political win-win with CARB fighting to maintain or decrease levels pollution levels by getting these "dirty" cars off the street and local law enforcement wielding an effective tool to stop street racing and it's related deaths before they occur. Now we all know that a properly tuned vehicle will not pollute any more than a stock vehicle, but how many are properly tuned? So yes, a modified intake and exhaust may not alter emission levels, however aggressive cams, increased compression ratios and adjusted a/f ratios will yield emissions different from a stock motor due to the redesign of the engine's dynamics. Hopefully this helps you guys not from Ca understand why we have CARB and why law enforcement uses it as a multi-functional tool which can serve many purposes.

·
Registered
884 Posts
JstAneon said:
Note to self: Never go to California.
Nah, it's actually really fun there and if you don't drive a Loud, excessively lowered Honda/Acura it's not that bad. A lot more variety of custom vehicles, that's what I love about it, that and the weather, and the women, lol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IslandBoy said:
Boricua,

who's da chick in your sig?

I have been tryin to guess for da longest now....

thats scarlett johanson, i think i spelled that right, but yea VA is like you do what u want with it but if your caught doing something illegal then ur in the shit, maybe tints and exhaust are looked at only if its extreme.

·
Registered
317 Posts
BigPaco said:
thats scarlett johanson, i think i spelled that right, but yea VA is like you do what u want with it but if your caught doing something illegal then ur in the shit, maybe tints and exhaust are looked at only if its extreme.
I've been trying to figure out who it is too, but then I see her boobs being molested mmmm....ADD kicks in and I forget what I was talking about.

Oh yeah NoVa cops = A holes.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
x2 never move to california.....Everyone come to Miami Fl....No emission testing....naked women on the beaches....best resturants....crazy night life...and a great car scene+ its 85 degrees today and sunny and SPRING BREAK....yes yes yes hunnys from all over the world come in groups to my backyard...Ohh and the chronic is great to

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow screw Cali...air breather hose not up to standard...why cause it's blue. lol. I feel sorry for ya.

Wow only solution 2 me would be...get a greddy CARB turbo kit, get a larger turbo, hide and paint the intercooler, keep your timing gear covered, AEBS intake manifold (stock look), run hondata and get an ITR muffler. Integra rims with minimal lowering. Sleeper all the way....or get the hell out of Cali.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
stealth512 said:
Wow screw Cali...air breather hose not up to standard...why cause it's blue. lol. I feel sorry for ya.

Wow only solution 2 me would be...get a greddy CARB turbo kit, get a larger turbo, hide and paint the intercooler, keep your timing gear covered, AEBS intake manifold (stock look), run hondata and get an ITR muffler. Integra rims with minimal lowering. Sleeper all the way....or get the hell out of Cali.
hehe, thats my plan, pure sleeper. i live here in cali, all the rules are a pain in the ass. although there are places that have really bad haze, i think they went overboard with the laws. it looks like that vid was taken in irvine, which allows cops to check under your hood if they suspect anything. i completely support the post above about how all the other cars/ bikes can do whatever, but imports are closely watched by everyone. absolute crap. i also believe that f&f started making the import scene a mainstream thing and brought about people who didnt know what they were duin, just modeling their car after the movie. -_-' just imagine whats going to happen when the next one comes out about drifting. this is going to far. all these rwd cars are goin to be trying it right out of the theater.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That guys looks like your typical street racer.. Id be like you planted that shit on me! Oh yes i do have a wrench near my foot for the purpose of releasing my hood latch. Look at that. Id take that blue breather valve and shove it up that cops ass and tell him to get it inspected

1 - 20 of 23 Posts