Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Which would look best

  • black projectors

    Votes: 8 40.0%
  • chrome projectors

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • angel eyes

    Votes: 9 45.0%

  • Total voters
    20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to keep talking about headlights but i've had so much trouble deciding and i keep getting mixed opinions, i trust u all the most so here it goes. i was told the solid black doesn't look good on the blue. i like the way the angel eyes look at nite but then again i hate the heavy chrome during the day. (WARNING: i made these in photoshop real quick and i KNOW THEY SUCK its just to give you an idea)


stock


black projectors


chrome projectors


angel eyes

i didn't edit these but u know how they'd look (non projectors):
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
IMO, I'd choose neither of the 3 because they really don't look good and are cheaply made. I'd either stay with stock or get CTR (Civic Type R) ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
i chose the black projectors cuz they look mean, but i still prefer the ctr ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I like the CTR ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
the CTR headlights are a chunk of change, but def. the way to go -don't waste your money on projectors please! CTR's or keep 'em stock so it stays CLEAN...here they are on mine:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
myflysi said:
the CTR headlights are a chunk of change, but def. the way to go -don't waste your money on projectors please! CTR's or keep 'em stock so it stays CLEAN.....
where did u get yours, and how much if u don't mind me asking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
They got them at a lot of import shops (most shops can special order) and go for about 480-500 dollars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sam said:
They got them at a lot of import shops (most shops can special order) and go for about 480-500 dollars.
what do u all think of this deal?
http://209.87.151.155/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=HC99HBC


$124.95
Product ID: HC99HBC Category: Headlight-Aftermarket Headlight
Honda Civic 99-00 Headlight / Black Housing
Description: Honda Civic 99-00 Headlight / Black Housing / Clear Lens *In Pair*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
I'm still tossing the idea of projectors around in my head. I may get some but just don't know. I do like the way my black housings look but I don't know...I think were in the same boat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Not to confuse anyone trying to make a decision on projectors, but my buddy that also has an SI bought the crome looking projectors and mentioned how poor quality of lighting it actually provided, and he soon sold them: Stock Headlight Housing gets my vote
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
b16a2racer said:
what do u all think of this deal?
http://209.87.151.155/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=HC99HBC


$124.95
Product ID: HC99HBC Category: Headlight-Aftermarket Headlight
Honda Civic 99-00 Headlight / Black Housing
Description: Honda Civic 99-00 Headlight / Black Housing / Clear Lens *In Pair*
Or you can just take your stockers apart and do it yourself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BennySiR said:
Or you can just take your stockers apart and do it yourself
yea i don't trust myself, i know there are going to be complications with the sealing, fogging up, misalignment, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
i tried PM'ing you but your mailbox is full...youre obviously going to stick with the projectors because you seem to want them really bad for some reason which i suppose is fine. i just disagree, in my opinion, they will totally destroy the clean look of the car, but thats your deal. go to www.jdmhondaparts.com or www.soulracing.com if you decide to make the better choice (JDM CTR headlamps) theyre going to be around $450-500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
I vote for none of the above. Just get some CTR or CTR copies, the projectors look like they're really cheap quality. Also you definately will get tired of the cheap projector look pretty quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
these one don't look too bad. you can get them in black or chrome housings, and clear or blue lenses.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
myflysi said:
i tried PM'ing you but your mailbox is full...youre obviously going to stick with the projectors because you seem to want them really bad for some reason which i suppose is fine. i just disagree, in my opinion, they will totally destroy the clean look of the car, but thats your deal. go to www.jdmhondaparts.com or www.soulracing.com if you decide to make the better choice (JDM CTR headlamps) theyre going to be around $450-500.
actually i have changed my mind and decided i want the ctr lights, but the second site u listed has them for $150 and they are like black plastic housing which i don't like the look of. the first site has the ones i want and they look like yours but yea, $500 :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
b16a2racer said:
actually i have changed my mind and decided i want the ctr lights, but the second site u listed has them for $150 and they are like black plastic housing which i don't like the look of. the first site has the ones i want and they look like yours but yea, $500 :-\
the ones on the second site i listed are the "knock-off" versions of the CTR lights, if you want perfection youre gonna have to pay for it- good luck man
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top