Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Which should I get for my Flamenco Black 00 Civic?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally thinking about getting some new rims for the Civic - going down to 16s for weight savings and so I can fit some meatier tires on there for better ride. Here's the two I'm looking at:

Konig Renegade

Rota Circuit 8

Just looking for some opinions. I can get the Konigs off H-T for $350, I think the Rotas were about $440ish...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
i like the circuit 8. are you going with black? imo black wheels on a black car just look funny.......well unless you have a chrome lip. just saying if it was me i would do bronze in the circuit 8!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
my bad i see that they are gm, shit they look like they are black.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yeah, I want to do the bronze or gold personally but my girl likes the black on black so we'll see who wins - it is MY car I suppose :p But you know how women like to win all the time :rolleyes
well my buddy has a set of brand new white rota slips that i would love to put on my car, but the misses wants me to go with what she wants. so i know where you are coming from. just think its your car and you are the one driving it so you have to go with what you like. what are you doing with your 17's?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my buddy has a set of brand new white rota slips that i would love to put on my car, but the misses wants me to go with what she wants. so i know where you are coming from. just think its your car and you are the one driving it so you have to go with what you like. what are you doing with your 17's?
Not really sure yet, they pretty much look like crap cuz the lip is all nasty from 3 years worth of road salt and shit I can't get off. Plus the white is flecking in some areas and one or two of 'em have a little bit of curb rash. The tires are great though - Falken Ziex 512s if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll try and sell the tires and figure out something creative to do with the rims...the only reason I wouldn't go with the bronze/gold is because it would be the only thing on my car that's not black - but I like the contrast the bronze/gold gives to the all black at the same time. IDK, I have time to think about it I suppose...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
i was just wondering, im looking for some decently priced rims for the sedan im fixing to get. so when do you get your license back?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I DROVE TO WORK TODAY!!! :w00tz:number1:w00tz:hug YAY!!!!!! Yeah, I got the breathalyzer put on my car yesterday and started driving today - gotta love being behind the wheel again...I can send ya some closeup pics of the rims if you want - they're not horrible but they're not great either; couple years of KS winters have taken their toll

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I DROVE TO WORK TODAY!!! :w00tz:number1:w00tz:hug YAY!!!!!! Yeah, I got the breathalyzer put on my car yesterday and started driving today - gotta love being behind the wheel again...I can send ya some closeup pics of the rims if you want - they're not horrible but they're not great either; couple years of KS winters have taken their toll
yea man send me some pics, im sure i can work with them. they dont have to be perfect just something so the sedan doesnt look like a grocery getter. lol how do they put a breathalyzer on a car? i know it has to feel good, i have never had a dui(come close a few times) but i have gone up to a year without a car. so i know how it feels to have people drive you around like miss daisy!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that shit pretty much sucks. I hated relying on everyone else to get my anywhere and everywhere. All they do is hook a couple wires up to the ignition/starter and I got a lil device in my car I have to blow into to start the car and every once in a while when I'm driving. Not all that bad. What color is your sedan, keep in mind my rims are white...

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea man send me some pics, im sure i can work with them. they dont have to be perfect just something so the sedan doesnt look like a grocery getter. lol how do they put a breathalyzer on a car? i know it has to feel good, i have never had a dui(come close a few times) but i have gone up to a year without a car. so i know how it feels to have people drive you around like miss daisy!
Check the thread in my sig for pics of the rims; I'll try and take some close ups of them tonight or tomorrow so you can check 'em out...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yeah, that shit pretty much sucks. I hated relying on everyone else to get my anywhere and everywhere. All they do is hook a couple wires up to the ignition/starter and I got a lil device in my car I have to blow into to start the car and every once in a while when I'm driving. Not all that bad. What color is your sedan, keep in mind my rims are white...
black

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i like the circuit 8's. I'd suggest going on down to 15's to get a better tire selection.
Yeah, I thought about that because I know the tire selection is vast for 15" in comparison to 16". I just don't know if I can rock that small of a rim on my car...it seems so small! Besides, my car is for cruisin - not for corner carving. I liked the Circuit 8's more than the Konigs, but now I'm probably going to go with the Konig Feather in gold (or maybe the Circuit 8 in gold) for a little contrast.

Right on brosef :w00tz Unfortunately it's been dumpin rain on us since yesterday but hopefully it'll clear up for the weekend so I can clean this bitch up and take some better pics...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts