Votes: 2 33.3%
  • b20z with ls tranny

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my freind just got a check for $2000 he wants to do a swap in his 97 civic dx coupe. we want some suggestions on what we should do.

1)i can get him a full ls swap for 1100-1200 plus he'll have to pay the labor. includes axles computer wires hareness etc.... everything

2)get a b20b 800 shipped and buy a ls tranny for 400 or less and buy the rest of the parts and pay for labor.

3)get a b20z 1200 shipped(might be able to find for less) buy ls tanny for 400 or less and buy rest of the parts and pay for labor.

he only has $2000 so let us know. thanks

oh yea forgot he'll need to buy a clutch and flywheel for the b20's :bash

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
If he only has $2k, then he doesn't have many options. He still has to budget to get proper mounts, replace gaskets, head gasket, coolant, oil, possibly replace hoses, budget for any damaged sensors, replace clutch, and possibly flywheel (or at least resurface), replace timing belt, possibly water pump, front/rear main seals.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I called wangs auto in nh and they wanted 3000 for a ls installed, but he told me of a sohc vtec that they turboed and made 240hp(crank or wheels?) so it would be a lot chepaer to get a turbo kit on his sohc non vtec which runs great and have them install and tune it and I'm pretty sure it will make more power then a ls.

So what do you guys think of a sohc non vtec turboed(only has 60,000 miles)?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think an LS tranny for $400 is a great price. However I would use your kommon_sense and relize the size of the project. I know you will spend alot of your money just on misc parts.

So go SOHC Turbo, he will be happy and still not be broke

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
B18C5CRX4ME said:
I think an LS tranny for $400 is a great price. However I would use your kommon_sense and relize the size of the project. I know you will spend alot of your money just on misc parts.

So go SOHC Turbo, he will be happy and still not be broke
yup.

could get a y8 block/head ($700>)and rebuild it for turbo ($?depends on how beefy you make it)... then swap and turbo.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
i vote teh LS

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well we just got a 2000 si tranny with 50k for 300 awesome deal. its a start

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we called established auto in new hampshire they want 2600 to do a ls in his car using the b16 tranny we got. That's for everything and includes 30 day parts and labor warrenty on the engine, plus everthing will be obd2 and will pass inspection.
Do you guys think this a good deal?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
how many miles on the car. If it includes the labor of putting it in, thats a decent deal.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OnBoostD16 said:
how many miles on the car. If it includes the labor of putting it in, thats a decent deal.
The car itself has 200k and I didn't say the miles on the motor, yes it includes labor he said if it was a 92-95 it would be a lot cheaper, because a kid from our city has a hatch he got swapped from him included b16swap with vtec controller and etc plus labor for 3000. Oh well my freind will have to pay up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts